Gained 20 pounds in the last 2 months. Having TT on the 22nd of April

DrHollywood
on 4/8/14 9:53 pm, edited 4/8/14 9:55 pm - Harbor City, CA

This is hard for me to admit but I gained 20 pounds in the last two months since i went off my Topamax medication that I was on for about 4 months.  I was hospitalized with  CIPRO antibiotic poisoning and lost all feeling and strength in my right leg. The pain was excruciating and could barely walk up one step. I thought I had a stroke, going lame was more like it. All my tests came back ok, from MRI, blood work, xrays etc etc. Topamax is the worst drug to be on. they pout me on it as pain medication for my nerves. I literally went stupid and couldn't talk. They say it curbs your appetite but I still ate through the medication and made sure I got my nutrition.  Well going off the medication was when I went out of control with food. I had no control when it came to eating. it was the weirdest thing.  I had the worst groin, hip, buttocks, hamstring and back pain. sitting and laying down was the worst. when i stood up is when i had relief.  anyhow its too much to write, and did go out of control with eating going off topamax. I was happy it curbed my appetite but nobody told me the rage hunger would come when I stopped the medication. I also was on steroids which made me crave sugar. i am a little over 3 years out from my sleeve surgery and hadnt had sugar until the steroids.  yes this also opened up my appetite.  I lost hearing 1/2 way in my left ear. etc etc etc...  too much to write.

Having said that and admitting i gained weight here on OH is very hard for me. I feel like in order for me to recover I have to start somewhere.  I feel awful. I was 141 and now I am 161. I am about to have a tummy tuck, lipo in my hips, sides, and back, breast lift, and silicone implants, and my doctor will inject some fat into my buttocks. I have a bug butt so i told him i dont want much.

my fear is having a tummy tuck and losing this 20 pounds after surgery, will my skin start to sag and am i having this surgery to early>?. I have 13 days to lose as much as  I can.  I am hoping for a 10 pound weight lost and realize it may only be 5 or may be nothing. 

This is the perfect time to have surgery because i dont go back to wor****il the end of May. So if i have the surgery and lose more weight, will I have done this surgery for nothing and have saggy skin all over again?  its only 20 pounds but let me tell you 20 pounds lighter my skin was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more lose and saggy than it is now. I am filled in more now than 20 pounds in other words.

I dont want any negative feedback or to be criticize  for gaining 20 or having surgery done in Mexico. I met this surgeon and my girlfriend has a successful surgery 2 days ago, woke up and got home safe.

I am afraid of scars, not waking up, having too high of expectations.  Also my boyfriend broke up with me about 5 weeks ago. he moved me out and I am baffled because we rarely fought. I didnt see it coming.  He says he doesnt do sick very well when I was hospitalize back late September for a week and watched me go through a long recovery. I am still not 100%  i have pain in my right hip buttocks when i get up from sitting and it takes a few steps to get going.

I am starting to get a sore throat, a cough and i am on antibiotics. I am hoping it goes away by surgery.  Any helpful information how to prepare for surgery is appreciated, what to expect,  anything  from pain and how long to whatever you want to share is welcome.

but again please be positive.  I also welcome the concerns and ask that you be gentle with me.  :)  Thank you and sorry for typos. I am not proof reading my post here.  

✿ L♦O♦V♦E ✿ & ✿ P♦E♦A♦C♦E ✿ღ ✿ & F♦R♦I♦E♦N♦D♦S ✿ ღ
                         "Keeping The Faith!"   "Slim by Summer!"
                                    HW: 250 - SW: 241  - CW: 154.7GW: 140  

1 month: 22 pounds (2162 months: 12.2 pounds (203.8)  3 months: 10.6  (193.2)
 4 months: 9.7  lbs  (183.5)  5 Months:   6  pounds  (177.5 ) 
6 Months: 12 lbs ( 165.5)
 7 Months 7.1 lbs (158.4) 8 Months +1.6 pounds(159.8) 9 Months 2.7 pounds (157.1)
10 Months 8.1 lbs (149) 11 months +2 pounds ( 151) 1 YEAR!!!  2.6 pounds (148.4)

Hit "One-derland April 9th, 2011   (199.7)

"Half-Way Goal" April 25th, 2011 (194.8)

"Happyland 80`s" May 14, 2011  (189.6)

"Groovyland 70`s"  June 20th 2011  (179.9)

" HippyDippyland 60's"  July 16th  (169.8)

" CQQL-land 50`s"  August 25th ( 159.8)

"Normal BMI"   24.8  October 21st, 2011 (154.5) I am 5`6

"AWESOME-land 40's" Dec 1st 2011  (149)

"Century Club 100 Pounds"  Dec 1st 2011  (149)

' ONE YEAR SURGIVERSARY!!!"

Two Year Surgiversary!!!"

OH2012
on 4/14/14 1:03 pm - OH

I don't have the answer to your question, however, I want to encourage you to seek guidance on the possible effects of weight loss after plastic surgery.  I, also, want to acknowledge all that you have been through and encourage you to keep the faith and continue to fight for your health and well being.

Best Wishes to you.  You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Prov. 3:5,6

Most Active