LBL MEXICO VS US. Dr. Zachary univ of Chicago

katy
on 4/26/14 10:08 am

Has any one had surg with dr Zachary 

price? Outcomes?

Karen R.
on 5/3/14 7:48 pm
RNY on 04/14/13

I'm doing a consult with him at the end of the month.  He's not cheap.  His nurse gave me some ballpark estimates over the phone and the work I'd want to do came in at close to double what I was quoted by Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey.  Still, I want to speak with him.  I don't want cost to be the only factor I consider.  I'll let you know how it goes.

5'4" | Pre Surgery BMI:  40.7 | Current BMI:  20.8 | SW:  237 |  CW:  121 |  GW:  125

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

katy
on 6/1/14 1:17 pm

Did you have your consult with dr z how did it go? is he very  expensive?  does he try to go through insurance?

will he do more than one procedure at a time? 

Not trying to be to nosy just really want to try to weigh all options to stay in us for procedure

Karen R.
on 6/6/14 1:18 pm
RNY on 04/14/13

Hi.  As it turns out, I cancelled my appointment with D. Zachary.  The cost estimate I got from his nurse over the phone (when I made my appointment) had come out so much higher than what I was getting as I did my other consults, it didn't make sense to me to consider him.  I have no doubt he's a gifted surgeon.  But this is going to be paid for by me.  So I have to consider cost.

For what is't worth, he doesn't work with insurance.  The nurse told me that when we spoke.

I don't know if you're interested, but I wrote about my consults here.

5'4" | Pre Surgery BMI:  40.7 | Current BMI:  20.8 | SW:  237 |  CW:  121 |  GW:  125

katy
on 6/6/14 1:39 pm

I had my consultation with Dr. Zachary two days ago he was very nice and told me all the procedures he wanted to do; a lower body lift thigh lift, breast lift and brachioplasty.  he felt I needed  everyone of those procedures. Which I agree with.  I have a lot of skin.  he never quoted me a price and his nurse  wasn't sure about the price.  the last thing he said to me was he was going to start writing letter to insurance company.      I have BC BS  they probably will deny I heard some say they will pay for abdominoplasty though. I got a quote from.  dr sauceda about 17600    I hope I can get some part of surgery covered through insurance   I have no problem going to Mexico I had my sleeve in Mexico I just don't want to stay 12 days.  I will look into dr braithwaite too. Your post was so helpful I will keep you posted about insurance. 

Karen R.
on 6/6/14 2:23 pm
RNY on 04/14/13

Thanks for sharing!  Let's keep each other posted.

katy
on 5/4/14 12:47 am

I really want dr z too heard great things also I don't want cost to my only factor. I was thinking about dr quiroz in Mexico

ill see dr Zachary in June I'll keep you posted

thanks for responding

Crazeru
on 5/6/14 10:31 am

You may want to do a search about Dr Quiroz here on the PS board.  Bop over to Dr Sauceda's group if you want more info about Dr Sauceda.  You can click on Dr Sauceda in my siggy line. 

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

katy
on 5/6/14 12:34 pm

Omg thank you I'm going to go with sauceda if I have to go to mexico

Thank you

Crazeru
on 5/7/14 3:49 am

The nice thing is the group page was started in 2009.  Several people have documented their entire Sauceda Experience so that while you are researching you'll see by reading the threads, that most folks shouldn't be surprised when they go.  You can go back to Jan 2011 for my first time there and then again Jan 2013.   

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

Most Active