Consult for breast reduction and brachioplasty today

squirlyboo
on 5/16/14 2:56 pm - GA

I had my Consult for breast reduction and brachioplasty today with Marietta Plastic Surgery .. they said the procedure would be 7 hours for both and it would be an out patient  home that day . also Dr Hannah said he doesn't put drains in .. What are our experiences with multiple PS surgeries at the same time and also  how about the whole hypoglycemia issues . Have any of you had problems with that during surgery ?

pineview01
on 5/17/14 12:20 am, edited 5/17/14 12:20 am - Davison, MI

WOW no drains.  My surgeon isn't big on drains either.  I do have an issue with a thigh hematoma that wouldn't be a problem if he had left drains in for 7 days.  My surgeon won't do multiple surgeries either as he doesn't like to keep people under anesthetic that long.  Many here have though.  Many go to a surgeon in Mexico that does 4/5 at a time.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

MyBariatricLife
on 5/18/14 9:33 am

I had 4 body procedures done at the same time and it took 6 hrs 20 min... I think I was under for about 7-hrs total... not in Mexico, Dr. Capella is in NJ. And with my facial rejuvenation I had 7 procedures and was under somewhere between 3 and 4 hours... Dr. Winslow is in IN. As far as I know, general anesthesia risks go up after 6-hours. Dr. Sauceda in Mexico uses twilight sedation. I had that for my face work and woke up during the surgery - yikes.

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

pineview01
on 5/18/14 3:30 pm - Davison, MI

I sure wouldn't want to wake up, Yicks!  What four did you have done in 6 hours 20 minutes.  It took my surgeon took 4 hours for the face list and 4.5 hours for the inner thigh lift.

I think you had a couple excellent surgeons.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

MyBariatricLife
on 5/18/14 4:08 pm

That was my greatest fear with the facial plastic surgery, that I would wake up during surgery! Dr. Winslow said I would not wake up and if I did that I would not remember it. Well, I remember it clearly. And as gruesome as it sounds, it really was O****pt my eyes closed because I did not want to see gore and told her, "I'm awake!" Later she told me that she had been poking me with a needle so I don't think my face was lifted off my skull at that point - LOL!

Dr. Capella did 1) an inner thigh lift (long incision), 2) an extended arm lift (arm lift and flankplasty), 3) a breast lift, and 4) he converted my tummy tuck to an LBL (no abdominoplasty). Along with those 4 procedures, he did a monsplasty as part of the LBL and thigh lift. 

Thank you. I think I had a couple of excellent surgeons, too. And thank goodness their prices were within reach. 

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

pineview01
on 5/19/14 10:01 am - Davison, MI

WOW that is a lot at once and in a really short time for all that work.   In hind sight I would have flown down and seen yours.

MyBariatricLife
on 5/19/14 1:57 pm

I did do a lot at in a short time period but both my surgeons and my PCP and an Endocrinologist cleared me and assured me I was safe. I had my tummy tuck on 4/18/13. I had the stage 2 on 10/10/13. I had the face work on z12/12/13. I was scheduled for my final body work on 5/29/14. But a good friend in the medical field talked me out of it. When I discussed it with Dr. Capella he said ideally he would have liked me to wait until the Fall because I have had a lot of surgery but that he had agreed to do it in late May because I seemed like I wanted to be done and over with it. It is really the emotional aspect and not the physical that has been hard on me. But I decided to postpone my surgery until late September because that will be better for me physically. 

Why do you wish you had seen my surgeon?

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

pineview01
on 5/20/14 5:56 am - Davison, MI

Simple because I like your results, price and having been able to have a procedures combines.

MyBariatricLife
on 5/20/14 8:35 am

I like Dr. Capella's approach. I would not have been able to afford any of the other well-known plastic surgeons who specialize in post massive weight loss patients. What I have paid for Dr. Capella to do my entire body is what Dr. Sterry charges for a lower body lift only. That's just so far out of my reach financially. 

Dr. Capella charges by time, not procedure. So by combining procedures there is a time savings, as well the OR fees go down a whole lot after the first hour. Case in point, my Tummy Tuck surgery was billed at 2-hrs and cost $7k all inclusive, but my second stage surgery with the four procedures was $18k all inclusive and was billed at 6-hrs (I had to pay a few hundred for 1-hr extra anesthesia time but nothing else). 

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

squirlyboo
on 5/20/14 2:03 pm - GA

oh wow!! thats a lot ...

Most Active