BR and brachioplasty advice ????

squirlyboo
on 5/20/14 1:58 pm - GA

My breast reduction and brachioplasty is scheduled for jun23rd . it will be outpatient and I will be going from a 38I to hopefully a 38 C or D..Its and extended brachioplasty also ... what can i expect ? What kind of bra should I buy to wear at home ?? and any tips or hints you have from those with experience with this surgery ....

Laura in Texas
on 5/20/14 8:00 pm

Make sure everything is low. I kept important things on the counter in the kitchen. It may be hard to reach up for a while. The first 3 days were tough after my brachioplasty, but after that it was pretty easy recovery. After my breast lift my surgeon had me wear a sports bra I got at Academy. The front zip ones were easier at first for me.

Congrats and happy healing!!

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

sweetvania
on 5/21/14 12:19 am - mississauga, Canada

Can't comment on breast reduction but I I'm sure many other ladies can.  Yes keep everything low you are not going to be lifting or manoeuvre many things and if they r up high its just not going to happen.  Rest your arms as much as possible even elevate them the first few days. For the most part just be very careful and heal well let others take care of you happy healing and recovering and good luck congrats on your upcoming surgery xoxo

RNY 07/05/11 dr klein!!! love it soo happy xxoo!!
Most Active