total body lift

indybuttercup
on 5/22/14 10:39 am - Indianapolis, IN

I had surgery 3/14. he removed 14 lbs of skin in total body lift, did TT, lifted my but and lypoed my outer thighs. My thighs, but and back look great. my front looks crazy to me. i am still having swelling and when it is down it looks like 4 to 6 inches of hangy skin pouching out under my belly button to pubic line. he lifted my mons and that also looks great. he said it can take 6 months for the swelling to go down and us to take after pics. I am worried it will end up looking like this in the front. Has anyone had the experiance of a front pouch of skin and if so did you have to pay to have it corrected? He origionally mentioned he could do small corrections in his office after the swelling is gone. I asked if there would be a charge for this and he said it is too soon to even have an idea of what I will end up with due to swelling. Thanks

pineview01
on 5/22/14 1:12 pm - Davison, MI

Hopefully it will straighten out when the swelling goes down.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

godzilla
on 5/22/14 6:28 pm - Israel
Wow on your transformation!
The other day I went into your profile but was too embarrassed to ask friendship or FB (Mikimi Steinberg).
Swell Hell can last months as well some residual numbness. After 6?months some have swelling at the end of the day. Some PS recommend binder certain amount of time more or less than others.
I still have swelling at times and my TT was August 2011. And residual numbness in left groin.
Revisions are sometimes part of the deal especially if in-office procedure or discounted if in operating theater- but depends on Ps so great you asked. Ask again at your next follow up. Most revisions are after a certain amount if time as time heals slowly and we all scar differently.
There are certain phrases in WLS and PS: surgery was in our stomach and not our brain. Reconstructive Plastics after morbid obesity can give us improvement but not necessarily perfection. I always say I know I won't be Barbie/Twiggy. And unlike you whou sounds tall, I am 152cm and used to weigh 120K and after TT and BL/BR I am 78K. Still not normal BMI but I am not removing my ribs.
I'm short,wide and compact-a Volkswagen.
Protein.Drink.rest and move a bit. Pain meds if needed but can cause constipation so think if you need stool softener.
Continued smooth healing and health.
Mikimi in Israel
indybuttercup
on 5/22/14 8:28 pm - Indianapolis, IN

Thank you! When it swells it is bigger than before surgery and my pants are tight. I go back Tuesday and will ask again. It does help to be so tall.bI sent you a fb request. i only pop out her from time to time but fb daily. love the bari group out there too

AmberK
on 5/23/14 12:30 am
VSG on 03/07/12 with

I don't have any good advice for you but wanted to tell you how BEAUTIFUL you are! What an inspiration!! 

VSG 3/07/12     HW:260   SW: 249   CW:164  

indybuttercup
on 5/24/14 11:21 am - Indianapolis, IN

Thank you so much! :) RNY was the best thing I ever did for myself

MyBariatricLife
on 5/23/14 5:24 pm

If you would not mind posting one, it would help to see a photo of the hanging skin. My skin was very tight but I had a lot of swelling after the tummy tuck in my lower abdo particularly. It took 3.5-mos for it to go down substantially. And two weeks after that I went down 2 pants sizes. So by 4-mod I had achieved my ultimate result and there were slight improvements after that when I had my 6-mod post op pix taken. 

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

indybuttercup
on 5/24/14 11:29 am - Indianapolis, IN

I will post some. I have to get the after taken at drs still and he says it is too soon. my lower stomach sticks out 4 fingers wide and is hard (he says due to swelling). that is about 4 inches over pubic line.

godzilla
on 5/25/14 1:38 am - Israel
Do you still have drains in?
Binder?
I would be a bit concerned that it is hard.
Check again with your PS.
Mikimi
indybuttercup
on 5/25/14 5:48 pm - Indianapolis, IN

Drains are out and binder is optional now but it does help. Dr said hard means swelling will go down. it is soft in the am and hard by evening. I go back Tuesday

Most Active