2 weeks post op TT

starlightlu
on 5/26/14 4:08 pm - Canada

Hi, I'm 2 weeks post op from my TT and it still is quite painful especially in the evening. When can I expect to feel normal again. I still have my 2 drains. 

laughstarlight

SW 260 SW 257 CW 139 GW 130  

pinkpeonies
on 5/26/14 6:45 pm
VSG on 04/23/12

I'm afraid I can't help--I'm having mine today but wanted to send good healing vibes for you. :)

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

5/27/14 - Extended abdominoplasty with hernia and diastasis recti repair

12/20/14 - Breast reduction/mastopexy with bra line back lift

MadMax1010
on 5/26/14 10:01 pm - Collingwood, Canada
RNY on 02/06/13

I hope you feel better soon! I go in on Thursday

emelar
on 5/27/14 5:06 am - TX

Drains will come out whenever they get below whatever level your doc is comfortable with.  Just bear with them for awhile.  It's a lot better to have the drains versus a seroma.  None of my drains hurt while in or hurt coming out.  They're just a nuisance to deal with.  And it feels funny when they're being pulled out.

I was still very much on pain meds at 2 weeks out, and just starting swell hell.  Hopefully, you'll get past it faster than I did.  But the "worse in the evening" thing is pretty normal.  It's a combination of swelling and muscle fatigue, and the only thing that helps is to lie down.  It WILL get better, but you have to practice patience.

(deactivated member)
on 5/27/14 8:16 am

The longer that you are from your reconstruction, the better you should feel. I think you will fell much better when the drains are removed.

stephintexas
on 5/30/14 12:00 pm

I started feeling better at week 4. Now each week,I feel better and better. I was pretty  miserable at first.

Most Active