Abdominoplasty and Brachioplasty-How to prepare?

Ashley A.
on 6/3/14 3:39 am - Dayton, OH
VSG on 06/27/12

Hello everyone,

Insurance has approved both the panniculectomy and brachioplasty operations! I'm paying the difference to get the full abdominoplasty done. I plan on scheduling both for Sept/October time. Any advice on how to best prepare my body for this, do I need to increase protein and take different vitamins? For those that have had a brachioplasty, did you try to build a lot of muscle in the arms prior to surgery? Any advice is appreciated. I'm hoping to have both done at the same time, but if not I will have the arms done then 2 weeks later go in for the tummy tuck. Thanks everyone!

Realize Band-12.1.08 Revision to VSG-6.27.12

Lyss Remaly
on 6/6/14 5:17 am - Wheeling, IL

Don't do anything TOO drastic in this time.  You should be close to or at your goal weight so you shouldn't have too much weight to lose.  You should already have pretty close to the body you wanted after having the weight loss surgery.  I would suggest doing a cardio/resistance training routine if you don't already.  You need your heart, lungs and body to be strong for the surgery as well as recovery.  Keep hydrated.  If you decide to start resistance training and put on a bit of muscle it won't be anything significant before surgery but it WILL be a good start.  TO avoid losing your muscle progress during recovery drink Glutamine and keep your protein high high.  Take your vitamins like it's your job!  Be good to your skin.  I used a LOT of Vitamin E, coconut oil and cocoa butter before, during and after surgery to keep my skin moisturized. 

Hope this helps!  I'm going in for my brachiplasty July 3rd EEEEP!

Most Active