pain

scaryreader
on 6/8/14 11:31 am - Chicago, IL

I had a tt on 5-9. Is it normal to still be in a bit of pain?

I sometimes feel like I still have a fresh cut on my right side, usually when I get up from sitting or lying down.

Eve
hw:400+
sw:340
cw:163

pineview01
on 6/8/14 1:55 pm, edited 6/9/14 1:28 pm - Davison, MI

I had a face lift 2/12 and an inner thigh lift on 5/1 and I still have pain from both.  Nothing I can't live with but with the ITL, it hurt sitting thru the granddaughters dance recital and every time I get up after sitting.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

starlightlu
on 6/8/14 7:16 pm - Canada

I haad my TT on 5/10 (a day after you) and I"m just beginning to feel better I finally removed my drain at a little past week three and that's helped alot. My tummy area still feels "tight" if I walk too much. Not sure if it's pain or just the new "tightness" of my abs. But overall, at week 4 I feel better but still not 100%. Good luck!

laughstarlight

SW 260 SW 257 CW 139 GW 130  

AZDee
on 6/9/14 2:27 am - Gilbert, AZ

I had a full LBL and a medial thigh lift on 5/13.  It's funny how I was worried about my back end since I had heard so many stories about splits back there and around the "crack"  but no doesn't even feel like there was a cut at all.  But my front is another story, after sitting for a while and then getting up, it feels really tight like if I stand up too straight I might rip open everything.  Then after standing for a minute I am fine, so I guess it's all part of the healing process.  Even those the stiches are all closed I know there is still healing going on...   

godzilla
on 6/9/14 7:11 am - Israel
Normal. You were cut open and skin was seared and cut off and muscles tightened in the solar plexus core area of your body!
You don't have to have pain but I think it is normal to still have pain; and swelling (Swell Hell).
Pain meds (narcotics) may well cause constipation so drinking helps lubricate your insides. Protein helps with healing. I've also heard Zinc.
Enjoy your flatter tummy with no hanging jelly-belly.
Mikimi in Israel
(deactivated member)
on 6/10/14 9:38 am

Usually about a month or so, some of the small nerves are regrowing which may trigger some pain. Also, as the swelling, inflammation goes down, you can experience more pain. Finally, if you do a bit too much and the muscles have been plicated together, you may be straining against them. I would continue to decrease your activity so as not to make anything worse.

Most Active