Looking for a little info and insight....Abdominoplasty?

yssirhc
on 7/2/14 2:57 am - Canada

Looking for a little info and insight…. Anyone have the full or complete Abdominoplasty? When they say tighten the muscles and skin. Any complications or long lasting side effects? Are there many long lasting limitations after?

I wake up every day with the realization that this is it, that there's only one shot at this life and I can either enjoy the ride and live it to its fullest and to my highest potential or I can stay the way I am.

Referral Sent:  May-2011     Info:  Sept-2011    Class: Feb 28
Nurse: April 12      Meet w/ Surgeon: April 12     Surgeon: Dr. Lindsay 
Diet/Nut: April 12     Psych: April 12     OPTIFAST: June 11      Surgery Date:  July 3 2012
Terry H.
on 7/2/14 6:17 am

I had a lbl with butt augmentation and muscle tightening.  Complications were bearable but it is a very major surgery.  There shouldn't be very long term negative effects but swelling does occur in some people for a long time (like a year) from what I understand.  I'm less than 12 weeks out so I can't talk to the real long term other than hearsay.  You might want to go to realself.com.  There are a lot of posts on LBL there and lots of Q&A with surgeons as well.

Terry

HW 420 SW 369  Pre-Op -51 lbs; M1-19;M2-15;M3-14;M4 -14;M5-13; M6- 14;M7-14;M8-10;M9-11;M10-11;M11-9;M12-7;M13-7;M14-5; M15-7; M16-8. M17-3. M18-6; M19-5. Goal of 200 (220 Lost) Reached Month 15. Goal of 180 (240 lost) reached at 18 months 10 days on 4/.20/13.  57% body weight lost@180.  Now on maintenance. Low weight 169.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Beyond Goal 

yssirhc
on 7/2/14 6:39 am - Canada

Thank you for your insight! Do you regret anything? Happy with your new belly? 

I wake up every day with the realization that this is it, that there's only one shot at this life and I can either enjoy the ride and live it to its fullest and to my highest potential or I can stay the way I am.

Referral Sent:  May-2011     Info:  Sept-2011    Class: Feb 28
Nurse: April 12      Meet w/ Surgeon: April 12     Surgeon: Dr. Lindsay 
Diet/Nut: April 12     Psych: April 12     OPTIFAST: June 11      Surgery Date:  July 3 2012
Terry H.
on 7/2/14 6:45 am

Finally, I think I can say I'm happy.  The first few weeks were tough for me.  Perhaps tougher than most based on what I read, but I'm a man and therefore a wimp.  I carried almost all of my weight in my stomach, so I'm thrilled to finally lose that big bag of hanging flesh in the front.  My surgeon took some preliminary comparison pics at six weeks and it really surprised me how much better I looked.  I was doubly surprised by how much better my back looked.  I was so fixated on my belly that I didn't realize how many folds I had in my back and how wrinkly my butt was.  It looks 100% better now.  It isn't a perfect 20 year old body builder belly, but it is a very serviceable 52 year old belly which will continue to look better and better over the coming months as the rest of the swelling goes away.   As of now, my big issues are that I still have swelling and my belly button isn't fully healed up.  Those aren't too bad in the main.  I'd do it again in spite of how hard the first weeks were for me.   Good luck to you.

AZDee
on 7/3/14 2:30 am - Gilbert, AZ

I am 7 weeks out from my LBL with a full muscle tighting of my stomach, yesterday I swam for the first time and as I started to do laps there was a strange pulling feeling all the way down the stomach vertically, as I swam the first couple of laps but soon it left and I was swimming normally again.  As long as I wear my garment during the day, I don't have any problems with swelling.  I have no regrets...I loved my surgeon all is good...

sweetvania
on 7/3/14 3:50 am - mississauga, Canada

I had a full tummy tuck two weeks ago and soo far I absolutely love my results!  Keep in mind I am still recovering so it will still look and probably feel different in the weeks to come. I have done brachiplasty and thighplasty as well. Had a minor complication when I did my thighs but it healed fine and dandy.   Id be happy to answer any questions you have even pm should you like to have a nice day!

RNY 07/05/11 dr klein!!! love it soo happy xxoo!!
Colleen W.
on 7/3/14 4:27 am

I had abdominoplasty in November of last year.  I still have some numbness along the incision, but I have no other long lasting complications.  The numbness takes a year or so to resolve from what my surgeon tells me.  Immediately post op you are limited in your physical activity, lifting etc.  But once cleared by your doc there really aren't any limitations.

(deactivated member)
on 7/3/14 4:44 am

any one knows where i can get but lift

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/5/14 1:00 pm - OH

I had a full tummy tuck several years ago after open RNY.   It hurt like hell and when I went back to work I could stand up straight but had trouble staying upright when walking because the muscle was so tight and painful.  I wasn't prepared for how badly it would hurt.  Much more painful than I expected, even after several open surgeries.

I was one of the unfortunate ones who had a significant complication: the entire incision turned necrotic and after several rounds of debridement, I ended up with a "crater" over my rib cage that had to be cleaned and replaced twice a day for 5 months while it healed up "from the inside out".  At the deepest part of the "crater", I could see the muscle fascia.  I now have what look like burn scars over part of that area (but it isn't as bad as what I feared it might look like).

It was pretty traumatic at the time, but I don't regret having it done since I have a flat belly for the first time in 30 years!

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active