Old Pix of Me Before WLS and PS - I have not seen these in 11 yrs and looking at them HURTS

MyBariatricLife
on 7/6/14 12:11 pm, edited 7/6/14 12:14 pm

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

pineview01
on 7/6/14 6:22 pm - Davison, MI

I can't believe that is even you.  I look hard but don't even see you in there.  You have come a long way.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

MyBariatricLife
on 7/6/14 10:48 pm

Thank you. It is so hard to believe I let myself get to that point. I was thin when I got married. Why I changed (physically and emotionally) into the person in those photos is something I shall never know. 

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

alla B.
on 7/7/14 12:55 am

No!!!! this is not you, no way.

What a great job you did, amazing with RNY and PS.

Enjoy!

Alla

PART 1 VSG  03/28/2006;  PART 2   DS  01/31/20007

MyBariatricLife
on 7/7/14 5:21 am

Thank you, Alla. Here is the pic my husband took of me the night before my RNY gastric bypass. I was 285 pounds, on 10 prescription medication for obesity related illnesses including injected insulin for diabetes and two meds for hypertension. I was headed to an early grave. I am so thankful to have had insurance coverage for weight loss surgery.

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

Belinda B.
on 7/7/14 5:30 am - Pasadena, CA
VSG on 09/13/17

I am horrified to look at photos of myself at 293 lbs.  I know why I got fat, I was miserable and I emotionally ate.  I am in such a different place now (including losing 170 lbs of emotionally abusive husband!) and I have greater control on the emotional eating.  I posted my before photos in my profile, and I've added some along the journey, I'm not done yet (I have another 30-40 lbs left), but looking back does help me see how far I've come and encourages me to keep going now the end is in sight. I am too ashamed to post them anywhere else at the moment.  Maybe when I get to my destination I will feel strong enough to post to everyone.  Thanks for sharing!

MyBariatricLife
on 7/7/14 5:40 am, edited 7/7/14 5:40 am

Congrats on taking control of your health and your life. I am very very happy for you.

Never did I think I would post my before photos. But as you noted, once I reached my destination I found I was a much stronger, confident, fearless, and positive person. I wanted to celebrate my victory in defeating obesity and obesity related illnesses and inspire and motivate others that they, too, can achieve permanent weight loss. I is wonderful to no longer be ashamed of my body.

Keep up the great work! You are amazing!!!

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

Laura in Texas
on 7/7/14 5:42 am

Looking at old photos of myself does not hurt. I have forgiven myself. It's a very peaceful feeling. I believe that everything that I went through in the past helped mold me into the person I am today. And I think I am wonderful.

I hope you can find peace with your past.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

MyBariatricLife
on 7/7/14 5:55 am

In time I think I will make peace with the past. I need to get to a place of equilibrium, where I feel that I have made amends not only with myself but with my family. I just found these photos at my parents house when I was back in NJ. I have not seen them in something like 11yrs and I had forgotten just how I looked back then. And it is not just the way I looked, but all that goes with it -- the way I felt, the way I lived, in some kind of walking dead half-lived life. 

This is the person my husband married. I have the utmost respect and gratitude to him for seeing me through such a long and difficult journey. I honestly do not know how he stayed with me.

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

Belinda B.
on 7/7/14 6:50 am - Pasadena, CA
VSG on 09/13/17

So cute!  I can recognize you in this photo, but not in the ones where you were heavy.  You look like yourself again. :)

Most Active