compression sleeve alternatives ??

squirlyboo
on 7/9/14 8:11 am, edited 7/9/14 8:29 am - GA

I am 2 weeks post op Brachioplasty and Breast reduction. I was sent home with the regular Merana compression sleeves . They dig and are so uncomfortable ... and yet I find I like the support they give. My PS said I don't need to wear them after yesterday BUT I have seen so many say their PS said to continue wearing  them up to 6 weeks . I went on Amazon and found a pair of basket ball /running compression sleeves that are full length . ( pink)  I ordered them and they seems much more comfy . they have only slight more give then the Merana sleeves. they are up to 12 in circumference and my Merana was up to 13.5 so they are a bit smaller .. My question is .. Have any of you used sports compression sleeves after surgery or after using the surgical sleeves ??? And what was your experience???  These are the ones I got .

http://www.amazon.com/Arm-Sleeves-Pair-Compression-Basketball/dp/B00HTUJIN4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1404944956&sr=8-2&keywords=womans+arm+compression+sleeves

Thanks 

emelar
on 7/10/14 6:38 am - TX

I haven't done arms yet, but I think it's better to have a compression garment that you'll wear versus the one that's too uncomfortable to wear.  So if the sports compression sleeve is comfortable, then go for it.  Particularly since your PS has cleared you to go without.  You're at the point where you can do whatever works for you.

squirlyboo
on 7/10/14 9:04 am - GA

Thanks , I have worn it all night and day and they are more comfy for sure . Still \annoying to have to wear but deff better then the surgical ones. and they go down to my wrists ,which is great since I have such swelling in my lower arms now . and they are cute .. I love Pink LOL

pinkpeonies
on 7/14/14 12:22 am
VSG on 04/23/12

I agree with Emelar about wearing what is more comfortable vs. something that makes you not want to wear it. I'm about 8 weeks post extended abdominoplasty and still find comfort wearing my abdominal binder.

May I ask an unrelated question? I was going to post about this separately but haven't done my research yet to see how many times this question has been asked before, lol. At two weeks post-surgery, how are you feeling? Back at work yet? Driving comfortably? I'm looking into scheduling my breast reduction/arm lift for the week of Christmas. My company shuts down between Christmas and New Year, so there are some "free" days off in that time. I can use vacation time to make it a full 2 or 2.5 weeks. But I'm not sure that would be enough time for things to heal so that I can make the hour+ commute comfortably or safely. I have a very sedentary desk job so I don't think that would be an issue. Figured I'd ask around and get other opinions. :)

Wishing you the best as you continue to heal.

Thank you!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

5/27/14 - Extended abdominoplasty with hernia and diastasis recti repair

12/20/14 - Breast reduction/mastopexy with bra line back lift

Jennifer K.
on 7/14/14 1:03 am - Phoenix , AZ

I had an arm lift, breast lift and implants done this past Thursday. I honestly could have gone back to work today... I have had zero pain, just more uncomfortable than anything. The compression garment is awful... it goes all the way to my wrists and is VERY tight under my boobs (I have a wide rib cage)... waiting to hear from the surgeon today to see if I can cut the sleeves some and make them 3/4th sleeves so I can hide them.. my surgeon recommends wearing the garment 23 hours a day for 2-3 weeks, then switching to a sports bra for up to 6 weeks out. I stopped taking pain meds Saturday except for 1 before bed last night so I could sleep... I am a side sleeper and sleeping on my back elevated is hurting my lower back... also all this 'resting' and sitting/laying around is hurting my lower back. I am planning on going back and working wed/thur and then having a three day weekend before heading back for a full week next week. I don't want to push myself too much so planning on staying home tomorrow and taking care of some appointments and what not.

I will say I am a tough cookie, I had my gastric on a Tuesday, back to work Monday, worked 1/2 days the first week back then back to full time the following week. I had an extended TT on a Tuesday, went back to work the following Wednesday. I have high pain tolerance and recover well from surgery.. my mom was amazed how well I was after the BA/BL, arm lift (shes a nurse) and said shes never seen anybody up and around as fast as I was.

First visit to surgeon - 288 ~ bmi 45.1
2 week pre-op 252 ~ bmi 39.5
Total lost - 153 Since surgery - 117!
Goal weight - 155 (mine) 180 (surgeons)
Current weight - 135 (2020 I lost 10lbs due to dedicating myself to working out more and being in better shape)

Extended TT, lipo, fat injections - 11/2011

BA/BL/Arm Lift - 7/2014

Scar revision on arms - 3/2015

HALO laser on arms/neck 9/2016

Thigh lift 10/2020

Most Active