Tummy Tuck with Pubic Lift

cutekatie
on 8/15/14 7:53 am
RNY on 05/16/12

Just posting to share my experiences with others.

I had a tummy tuck and pubic lift this morning. The surgery was 4 hours long and went very well. It was day surgery so I'm at home now. I have 3 drains along with my binder.

I was given morphine and have had to take one dose so far.

The pain is manageable but I've settled myself in my lazy boy recliner and don't plan on getting up for the next little while.

As a note for those who ask about current weight when having surgery - I was 192 pounds this morning. From a medical perspective there was no risk to me having plastic surgery.

They took out 4 kilograms (8.8 pounds) of skin and excess fat.

I'd be more then happy to answer any other questions.

HW 282 OW 273 SW 247 CW 232

Stacy_WLS
on 8/17/14 6:01 am

Hi!

Congrats on being on the recovering side of things. 

I have a questions -- are you at your goal weight?  If not, how did you decide to have plastics before hand?  I think I would like to lose 10 more lbs, but it doesn't want to come off.  I am scheduled for surgery in November and am wondering how the affects will be if I end up losing 10 lbs after the surgery. 

Also - did you have to change your diet before or after the surgery?

Thanks!

VSG: 12/12/13, LBL, small TL, BL/BA: 11/7/14 Twins 12/9/18 HW after Twins 260. 5'10 37 years old - Stacy_WLS (MFP)

cutekatie
on 8/17/14 7:54 am
RNY on 05/16/12

In February of 2013 I was 162 pounds and figured I'd be able to get down to 150 (ideal goal weight) by the summer of 2013 and then maintain for a year. Instead I stopped loosing and actually began to gain weight.

The first plastic surgeon I went to wouldn't even see me until my BMI was 25. The second and third surgeons said the same thing - I need to be a stable weight and not lose or gain alot after surgery. Both said that I also needed to be happy with my weight.

To answer your question about losing 10 pounds. I chatted with a friend who had a tummy tuck and she said that she's lost/gained 10 pounds a few times and it hasn't affected her tummy tuck but my surgeon did say that you need to have a stable weight.

I will be honest with you and tell you I rushed to the WLS clinic and had a little meltdown to the behaviorist. I felt that I was a failure and didn't want to get plastic surgery until I was at a normal BMI, even though that would not happen. Thankfully he identified the non weight achievements I've made.

According to the stupid BMI chart I am not at my goal weight. I am at a weight that I am happy to be at for the rest of my life. I am happy with whatever results I get from this surgery because anything is better then what it looked like and felt before.

I didn't really change my diet beforehand, although I tried to up my protein. After surgery I am eating very little so really just trying to eat protein (it's sort of like when you were able to eat solid food after gastric surgery).

HW 282 OW 273 SW 247 CW 232

(deactivated member)
on 8/29/14 1:30 am

My girlfriend has a tummy tuck and then gained and lost a little bit of weight.  Her scar is all rippled now... I think it's really important to maintain your weight or your scar will look ugly!  Good luck. 

Sonalf
on 4/17/16 11:59 pm

Hi. My sister had excess fat deposits near her pubic region and those bulges are evident on wearing sexy attire.  She had it since her puberty period and as years rolled by she had bulging tummy also she had undergone a combined pubic lift and liposuction surgery in Montreal ( http://www.drfoudaneel.com/pubic-lifts-liposuction-procedures-montreal/ ) at the age of 24.  SHe experienced a mild swelling and discomfort the day after the surgery but she was fine after few days and she is quite contented with the procedure.

Most Active