Post op Tummy Tuck, BL and Brachioplasty

Sherrie P.
on 8/31/14 1:32 pm
RNY on 02/06/13

This girdle is killing me. It's been three days and I want to throw it out the window! Anyone have any compression advice? I had a Fleur de Lis procedure so I need the compression... it is just annoying.

I also know I want the backside done now for sure! How long between procedures?

Ugh... oxycodone take me away!!!

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

sweetvania
on 9/1/14 2:15 am - mississauga, Canada

I had a abdominal binder with my tummy tuck but no compression garment with my arm lift.   Trust me I feel your pain I wore mine non stop for six weeks and let me tell you it helps a lot. It completely helps with the swelling and possible seroma formation as well as aids the healing process too.   I had two seroma with my thigh lift and I wouldn't wish that especially the delicate tummy area.  All I can say is just do it keep it on  it will all worth it in the end I promise.  I am here for you to if you ever just need to talk or vent. Congrats on your new body. Xxoo

RNY 07/05/11 dr klein!!! love it soo happy xxoo!!
Sherrie P.
on 9/2/14 11:04 am
RNY on 02/06/13

Thank you!! Venting helps.  Sorry to hear about your thigh seroma. Were you happy in the end??

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

emelar
on 9/1/14 3:35 am - TX

What is it about the compression garment that's driving you crazy?  If it's the tightness, then you just have to endure.  The tightness and swelling will be there with or without the garment.  Swell hell is a miserable time and there isn't much you can do about it.

If the garment itself is uncomfortable - cutting into you or irritating your skin - then you can put a soft t-shirt or cami on to get the garment off your skin.  My surgeon uses the Mirena garment and I got to the point where I was more comfortable with it on than off.  You may just need to try a different style of compression garment.

I feel your pain.  It'll get better.

cutekatie
on 9/1/14 7:15 am
RNY on 05/16/12

Totally agree compression garments are annoying. Not sure how often you go back for checkups but my first girdle was very uncomfortable around my ribs and I got one that fit a little better at my two week check-up.

As mentioned, wearing a cotton tanktop underneath helps with irritation. I also have been putting lotion on many times a day. It allows me to remove the garment and rub/massage the skin, which feels really good :)

HW 282 OW 273 SW 247 CW 232

butterfly3851
on 9/2/14 1:14 am - TX

How's the recovery going?  Keep us updated! 

17_years_later
on 9/12/14 12:54 pm

I am 10 days out from lbl. I find it humorous that the only bruises are from my cg too tight around my torso. I see doctor on Monday and will be curious if he says good job or tells me I am nuts. 

Most Active