Plastic Surgery Associates in Grand Rapids, Michigan

theladyelsie
on 9/30/14 3:05 am
VSG on 08/06/13

Does anyone have any experience with Plastic Surgery Associates in Grand Rapids?  I am looking at having surgery with either Dr Alfonso or Dr. Vander Woude...not sure exactly what procedure yet, I think a circumferential abdominoplasty and see if maybe he can do something with my breasts at the same time.  Would like to hear if anyone has any experiences, good or bad, with them.  I saw a surgeon locally a month or so ago and was not really impressed so I wanted a second opinion in a bigger metropolitan area than Bay City/Saginaw where I live.  I had surgery August 2013 and am down 155 lbs and still losing.  

Thanks in advance!

Bronco0605
on 10/5/14 9:42 am

Wow~! You have done really well! I had surgery in November  2013 and I have lost 120 pounds total since June 2013, 80 since surgery. I have not been to Grand Rapids. I have seen surgeons in Lansing , East Lansing and Ann Arbor. It really is difficult to know who to chose. It is such a big surgery! Are you planning to pay on your own or have some help from insurance? 

theladyelsie
on 10/9/14 10:59 pm
VSG on 08/06/13

Thank you and congratulations to you on your impressive weight loss!!

From what I understand, BCBS will pay for some of it, but they will not give you a preauthorization.  They will pay if it meets their criteria but they won't tell you ahead of time if it meets their criteria.  So there is some uncertainty there.  I saw a doctor locally (Saginaw) and that is what he said, but I am excited to go Grand Rapids where I'm sure they do a lot more surgeries and see what they say about it and how much insurance would pick up and how much I would be responsible for.  I still have some weight to lose (20 - 30 more lbs) before I get to that point where I will do surgery but I am definitely thinking of it...really hoping a doctor can guide me.  Right now I weigh 170 but I'm a size 10 and people are already telling me I'm "tiny" so I want to make sure the weight I have my surgery at is a weight I can maintain for life comfortably.  

Most Active