I'M SO EXCITED!!!

MeliT
on 12/24/14 9:35 pm - Miami, FL

oh my gosh!!!!!! after 3 months of searching, and 7 consultations i FINALLY found my doctor and booked my tummy tuck!!!

After wasting time with plastic surgeons who are used to working on barbie dolls and feeling like a complete circus freak i decided to write them all off and start my search again only looking for those doctors who have done reconstructive surgery after massive weight loss. thats what it is really, reconstruction. its not cosmetic. its a major overhaul. and I came back to Dr. Don Revis of Ft. Lauderdale, fl. funny thing is he was the first doctor i looked at and had read about and i really wanted him from the beginning but i thought his prices were too high. i got a lot lower quotes from other docs. one even half the cost of dr. revis. but i think i needed to go on that journey to really appreciate what this doctor has to offer. yes he is more expensive but he has VAST experience with WLS patients. he has more before and afters than i've ever seen. he is truly an artist. i know he has changed many womens' lives. i've seen their transformations. also he is kind and never made me feel like an outcast. it was more of a "come right in, i'll take care of you" kind of vibe. a big plus was that he is up do date with the latest techniques for pain management and after care. clearly this man puts thought into the care of his patients.  I am so happy with my decision. I'm sure my results will be life changing. he told me with my stomach and pannus he would be removing 15lbs easily. i'm also getting lipo of the flanks and some on my upper back/side boob area. and lipo of my neck to get rid of the remnants of this damn double chin that haunts me. I already booked my surgery for March 16th!!! yay! sooooo excited!! i know its gonna be a lot. i know i will have pain, discomfort, temporary feelings of regret, not to mention the possible complications. but i'm willing to brave all that for what i know is going to be worth it. the me that i have worked so hard for.

i started out my search here on OH. when i knew zero info. you guys were kind enough to answer my questions and point me in the right direction. from here i went to realself.com and then i found a TT group on fb that has been invaluable to me. so i just wanted to say thank you so much.

Merry Christmas!!!

meli

NadiaM
on 12/25/14 4:22 am

Hey! I visit south Florida often and did 2 consults while down here (did a few more where I live in Montreal) I had a consult with Dr. Shuster 2 days ago and he was absolutely fantastic. His prices are great too!

I'll be getting a breast augmentation and brachioplasty with him in March for 13k total.  

Just wanted to share because not only did I adore him and felt so comfortable but his credentials are amazing and prices are good too - especially compared to Montreal prices. 

Best of luck in your surgeries!

MeliT
on 12/26/14 10:07 am - Miami, FL

Thanks! I appreciate that. But I am super happy with my doc and can't wait for my surgery. :) but I'm sure anyone reading this will appreciate as many good doc recommendations as possible. 

Hey I went to Montreal once! Beautiful city. :)

Laura in Texas
on 12/26/14 9:45 pm

So happy for you!! I also chose the best surgeon and not the least expensive. Sadly, you usually get what you paid for. I have seen a lot of bad "after" pictures. I look better now than most 48 year-olds I know who have never had a weight problem (which is amazing to me since I used to be 200 pounds heavier). I am thankful for my surgeon every day.

I hope you had a Merry Christmas, too!!

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

MeliT
on 12/27/14 7:35 am - Miami, FL

thank you so much!!! gosh i can't wait to feel that way. i know no matter what it will be a huge improvement and my quality of life with triple. i can't wait to be the new me!

AZDee
on 12/27/14 11:31 am - Gilbert, AZ

I'm doing the happy dance for you!!!  I'm so glad you took your time and met with so many Doctors and found the perfect fit.  Cost is way down the list when making your best decision.  Just today I stumbled over a estimate from my first surgeon, whose surgery amount was about $5,000 less than the surgeon I decided on...It's not about the money, our bodies are so important.

MeliT
on 12/27/14 12:20 pm - Miami, FL

So true. And it took me seeing all those docs to realize that. It was meant to be! Thank you for all your help!!!!

My New Life
on 12/27/14 11:46 am

Oh my gosh I SO EXCITED for you Meli!!!  I still have over a 100 to lose but you are such an inspiration!!  I would love to support you with this.  Want to be OH friends???  Let me know... 

Oh, if I can ask ( and its ok if you sang to say) but how much will this cost?

Mary Anne 

MeliT
on 12/27/14 12:12 pm - Miami, FL

Thanks Mary Anne!! Of course we can be OH friends :)

I am having an extended tummy tuck, muscle repair, lipo of the flanks, upper back and neck. The whole thing will cost 13k. A bit on the pricey side but this doctor is so worth it. 

MeliT
on 12/27/14 12:14 pm - Miami, FL

Wow you have already lost so much! What an inspiration you are!! It's actually taken me a long time to get to the point where I was ready to have plastic surgery. I was scared of the pain and the scars. So I out it off. But now I've been working so hard, I'm ready.

Most Active