6 days to go before LBL with lipo and Breast Lift...any tips?

Rianne D.
on 3/12/15 9:43 am - MO

WOW!!  That month and a half FLEW by..... I can't believe it's already time for surgery.

Next Wednesday at 0730 is my surgery.  I bought some protein powder for after surgery since I've heard you don't feel that hungry with everything all tight.  I bought some larger sized button up shirts so I won't have to raise my arms...  I am attempting to lose a few more lbs before surgery day...we shall see how that works out since I suck at dieting...

My PS said I don't have to stay overnight in the hospital if I don't want.  He is prescribing Percocet, Valium and antibiotics.  What am I missing?

Any words of wisdom for recovery?

Myspace CodesMyspace LayoutsMyspace CodesMyspace LayoutsMyspace Codes, Myspace GraphicsMyspace Layouts

"I come this way only once, so let me do all the good I can, for I
will never come this way again."
scales.gif image by strawberryswirlnet
Laura in Texas
on 3/12/15 10:42 am

Yikes!! I spent 2 nights in the hospital after my lbl/bl. I could not imagine going home the day of surgery. Do you have someone strong to help you get in and out of bed if you go home immediately??? Seriously consider staying overnight and get good pain meds while you are there. The recovery is a *****

I had ready to drink shakes on hand because there was no way I could make a shake. All my energy the first few days was just to get up from the bed to the potty to the recliner.

A raised toilet seat was my favorite thing on hand. I also had a bunch of unscented maxipads on hand to use instead of gauze (much cheaper). I used them between my incisions and the compression garment. I did not attach them with the strips. They just stayed in place. I also made notches in them to place around my drains. They kept the leakage off my garment.

I had a sports bra that zipped up the front. I also used the maxipads on my incisions on my breasts.

Good luck!!

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

emelar
on 3/13/15 2:54 am - TX

I agree with Laura - stay the night.  I planned for a one night stay, and ended up staying 2 because I kept getting nauseous and dizzy when I got upright.

Get RTD shakes.  In fact, food-wise, keep things as simple and easy to reach and prepare as possible.  For the first few days, I was on hot tea, shakes, protein bars, and cheese sticks.  Preparing anything else was too much effort.

Have lots of pillows handy to stuff under and around you.  Get a female urinal so that you can pee standing up.  If someone has a walker, borrow it.  It's not worth buying, because you only use it for the first week when you're seriously hunched over.  But it's handy to have.  Have a grabber, because bending over will not be an option. 

Best of luck!

jenn1469
on 3/17/15 12:03 am

Good luck on surgery sending you speedy recovery 

Jennifer

Needanewbeginning
on 3/19/15 1:02 pm - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

Hope your recovering well?

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

Rianne D.
on 3/19/15 1:07 pm - MO

Thanks for checking in everyone!! I did not stay the night. I went straight home and all is ok. Taking my meds on schedule, emptying my drains, and drinking tha****er!! Not too much of an appetite but that's okay :). Doc removed 5.9 lbs of skin from me. 

Myspace CodesMyspace LayoutsMyspace CodesMyspace LayoutsMyspace Codes, Myspace GraphicsMyspace Layouts

"I come this way only once, so let me do all the good I can, for I
will never come this way again."
scales.gif image by strawberryswirlnet
Most Active