Baby Steps

clubnewyou
on 4/10/15 1:52 pm - TN

Okay so now I'm taking my first steps in getting both the tummy tuck and breast lift done so I am calling these baby steps. I have lots of questions from research i am doing daily. Today's question is do you have to have stitches removed after a tummy tuck?

cutekatie
on 4/10/15 2:00 pm
RNY on 05/16/12

You are going to get a lot of different answers because there are a lot of different types of tummy tucks and different surgeons do it differently.

You will realize that asking your surgeon this question would be better then reading up on EVERYONE'S different situations.

I had dissolvable stitches everywhere but my belly button. They were removed at 9 days. I just had a revision of scar tissue and dissolvable stitches were used this time.

HW 282 OW 273 SW 247 CW 232

Dcgirl
on 4/14/15 1:49 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

I second the poster above - I had a few quotes.  I ended up going with a lower body lift with butt augmentation and breast lift.  No stitches to be removed.  They were all internal.  I did have some sort of super glue on my incisions but around 1.5 weeks out they started to peel off and most of them are gone.  I would get a few different surgeon's opinions and go from there.  Good luck!

Most Active