5th week and human

songer48
on 5/6/15 12:07 pm

I can't quite believe all the attention I'm getting.  First, the attention was in the shape of concerns over my fatigue and lack of color.  But suddenly, over the past couple of days, my color has come back and my fatigue is lessening.  And, damn.  I look good.  It looks like I am going to have to donate a lot of clothes, mostly because I used them to disguise my belly apron.  Now that that belly is gone and my midriff has been tightened, pulled down, and lipo-ed, I have a waist and can wear clothes I never dreamed I could.  Every time I pass a mirror, I stop, pull my shirt up just a titch, and look at my flat tummy.  Me.  Flat tummy.  Who knew.

For some silly reason I thought I would be the exception to the 6-8 week recovery "warning."  For those who have their surgery scheduled, know that the first few weeks will be a bit trying, but suddenly, things get better.  I have lost an additional 10-15 pounds since my surgery. This is on top of the 12 pounds of skin and fat that was surgically removed.  That additional weight loss is due primarily, I think, to my lack of appetite.  Gosh, I hope I can keep those extra pounds off!!!  My appetite is beginning to reappear.

I am still wearing a compression garment (AKA shape wear).  I even wear one to bed.  I find it comforting for some reason.  Perhaps I feel I need some help holding everything together.  But shape wear is more comfortable now. My tummy apron used to spill out of the leg holes in those garments which made things worse.  Now there is no tummy flap that migrates.

All of this is a way of saying that I am beginning to feel like a human being again.  

Songer
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tracy D.
on 5/6/15 1:22 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Nice!  The tummy skin spilling out of the leg holes of my panties and swimsuit bottoms is exactly WHY I'm getting a LBL in two months.  I don't expect a small waist or super flat tummy (I'm 53 years old and a realist) but not having stuff hanging out the leg holes will be AWESOME!! 

Glad to hear you're feeling better 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

manditude
on 5/6/15 9:22 pm

I'm in my 4th week after LBL and starting to feel normal. Still very swollen, I keep thinking it will never go away. It does worry me even though I logically know that it takes weeks or months to go away. Plus I'm still hunched over. I hear that goes away mostly be week 6.

It gets better every day but yeah, this is a rough recovery because it just takes SO much time.

Glad to hear that week 5 was the turning point for you! :)

-Mandi
DSFacts
5'1" HW: 360  SW: 337? CW: 132 GW: 130
DS: March 2011, Plastics: LBL+BLA: April 2015

Most Active