Need advice with all the swelling

katy
on 5/29/15 10:53 am

I had LBL and breast lift 11/2014

I had thigh lift  and extended brachioplasty 4/21/15. I am still with swelling and very uncomfortable despite garments

i am having swelling in buttocks,thighs,legs and abdomen too any one with similar story? What helps!

Crazeru
on 6/2/15 6:08 pm

I wore my garments 24/7 for over 3 months, then my abdominal garment nightly for a couple of years, missed a few nights here and there.  But, it helped the swelling and I'd look good during the day. 

You can try to eliminate salt/sodium intake, but if you are like me I don't salt anything.  I drew the swell hell card and lived with it.  Exercise helped a bit, I was dancing a few nights a week. 

At night keep you legs raised on a pillow.  Most all of my swelling was in my abdomen area.

My lower arms did hurt from the compression garment and I used a heating pad on them morning and night for a few weeks and that helped.

Sorry you are going through swell hell.  It does get better.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

katy
on 6/2/15 6:52 pm

Thanks I was feeling sorry for myself just as I started to read this

thanks again for the advice

JojoMom11
on 6/3/15 7:38 am - Edgewater, NJ

Katy I am 3 weeks out from a huge plastic surgery ordeal.  I had LBL,BL, ARMS & flanks....all at once.  It is the hardest thing I have ever endured.  Swelling is insane.  I am very disappointed with my stomach.  Unless I sit-up straight and push my shoulders back and suk in y belly I have a little fat flabby belly.  I am praying to god it is just left over swelling BUT my gut ( no pun intended) tells me this is as good as it gets. Makes me super depressed.

Iam_with_the_Band
on 6/4/15 11:58 am

If you lost a lot and had your tummy tuck done before allowing your skin to settle - for example lost 100 lbs, and schedule plastics ASAP, your result may suffer. Give it 6 months before you get discouraged. I had a revision after my TT because I lost more and I ended up with more sagginess. 

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

David147
on 7/31/15 3:57 am

Welling can usually be wrecked cars off irritation of the skin or allergic reaction to something you said you're cleaning your house top to bottom on your knees that might have triggered some type of allergic reaction try some benadryl if that doesn't work ibuprofen and if that doesn't work then unfortunately another trip to the doctor.

Most Active