Follow-up on the California Class Action Skin Removal Suit

Eggface
on 7/21/15 8:26 pm - Sunny Southern, CA

Wanted to share the follow-up on this story...

California judge rules that insurer at center of class action over skin removal surgeries must broaden coverage

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Ashley in Belgium
on 7/24/15 5:42 am - Belgium
RNY on 08/08/13

I hope that Kaiser lets the ruling stand and at least allows for the possibility of reconstructive surgery post- WLS.  

Reading this makes me that much more grateful for the excellent health care and coverage I receive in Belgium.  Any reconstructive surgery I request to have done is covered my health insurance as it is considered part of the treatment for my obesity.  

Revision Band to RNY 8/8/13 5'4" HW 252 Lbs / SW 236 Lb / GW 135 lb / CW 127

DrL
on 8/2/15 3:51 pm - Houston, TX

Good news.  They (Kaiser) are going to be stymied by their own language.  Other plans also claim to cover plastic surgery if it is to correct "deformity resulting from trauma or disease" and I often argued with them  over this point. It always came down to them simply saying "it's cosmetic"  or "It's not medically necessary."

I have some helpful info on my website regarding the insurance process if anybody is in that process now and wants to learn more:

http://www.drlomonaco.com/patient-resources/ 

John LoMonaco, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Plastic Surgery
Houston, Texas

www.DrLoMonaco.com
www.BodyLiftHouston.com
SKmammabear
on 8/6/15 7:52 am

Hoping that by the time I will need it, they will have it in WA State too.  I still have a ways to go before I get to goal, but it's in the back of my mind, the more sagging skin I get.  Thanks for posting this for us Eggface!

Most Active