Does Medicare pay for skin removal?

FitnLite
on 7/28/15 10:18 pm - Spring Lake , NC

I am 9 yrs post op and have maintained 125 lb loss (I lost exactly half myself). I do however have a large amount of skin around my abdomen. I have tried everything to tighten it, but to no avail. I was wondering if anyone knows if Medicare will pay for skin removal. 

Since life is so short..... make it broader!
Tracy D.
on 7/29/15 12:50 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

You'll have to check with them because every state is different.  Here in Nebraska I know two people who got Medicaid to pay for their skin removal (panniculectomy).  Really not sure about Medicare.  That's a whole different animal.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

(deactivated member)
on 7/30/15 9:02 am - Poland

depending on a state

(deactivated member)
on 9/17/15 4:20 am - Russia

Hey,
I want to do plastic surgery on my facial skin to make it clear, fair, also to remove acne marks, blemishes and pores.

The interesting part is, The Line Plastic Surgery Clinic offering foreign people both male & female aged between 19 to 49 years old applicants who are interested to get 100% cost free plastic surgery with accommodation of two weeks living in Korea.

I really very interested on it. Moreover, I want to go for it to grab the offer.

Most Active