Plastics - before & afters

Tracy D.
on 9/8/15 3:33 pm, edited 9/9/15 11:04 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

I got brave and made collages of myself pre- and post-op and showed my immediate family the pics over the weekend.  They thought the pre-op pics were from BEFORE my WLS!!!  Which tells you a bit about how I looked without clothes on.  All pics are in my profile. 

Anyway, the afters are at only 8 weeks post-op.  Also keep in mind that I have a LOT of excess upper-to-mid body skin (a lot more than I see on most women) and it wasn't touched with this LBL.  If I can someday afford it I'll do an entire upper body lift.  

Oh yeah - on the day of surgery I weighed 145 lbs and wore a size 8-10...but these pics make it look like a lot more.  The doc removed 7 lbs total from me and only got about 1/3 lb. from lipo. As of today I'm weighing between 130-134 and wear a size 4 or 6 in pants.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

TimeForMe61
on 9/8/15 6:31 pm - Lancaster, PA
RNY on 01/22/15

Tracy, thanks for posting these!! What an incredible difference. I've been checking tho forum repeatedly to see how you were doing because you are not only a wls inspiration but also a plastics one!!

I have some questions! I'm still 35 pounds away from goal and losing an average of 2.5 pounds per week. I need a brachioplasty, breast lift (no Aug) and lbl. I want to have my arms and breasts done this winter right as I reach goal because I'm so disproportionate up top. Do you or anyone know someone who didn't wait for some plastics before their weight was stable?

Thanks!!

Tracy D.
on 9/8/15 11:55 am, edited 9/8/15 12:07 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

There are people who didn't wait - not sure how they feel about it now. Frankly, I needed to focus on maintenance 100% before even contemplating plastics. Recovery from LBL is a *****! 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

TimeForMe61
on 9/8/15 7:03 pm - Lancaster, PA
RNY on 01/22/15

Are you glad that you did it? I study OH and real self and it all looks gruesomely painful. Knowing what you know today, would you do it again?

Thanks again!!

Tracy D.
on 9/8/15 7:10 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Glad I did it...now! But the first two weeks were very, very rough and I may have answered differently if you had asked me back then. 

AZDee
on 9/10/15 3:03 pm - Gilbert, AZ

Tracy, I am so happy for you, I know how long you have been waiting for your surgery....Glad the worst is over and the fun of enjoying your new body can begin...I think for me, my worst surgery was my first, when I had a lower face lift, breast lift/implant and arm skin removal....those three were a real nightmare pain wise, so when I had the lower body lift and the inner thigh lift it was like a walk in the park.  (A park with a lot of hills and rocks and things like that)....Lol

Lemily
on 9/15/15 11:07 am
VSG on 01/16/14

What is the difference b/t LBL and just a tummy tuck? do you know? I am 99.9% away from putting down my deposit tomorrow for my tummy tuck and chest. I do not need anything done with my legs. Doctor said scar for that or arms is not worth it and its not that bad. I carried all my weight mainly in my mid section.

Tracy D.
on 9/15/15 11:33 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

A tummy tuck (or abdominoplasty) has an incision that goes no further around the body than hip-to-hip (unless you are getting an extended tummy tuck, then it will extend a bit further).  It will get rid of your excess tummy skin.  Hopefully the doctor will also do muscle repair, which means he will sew up the loose fascia over the abdominal muscles at the same time.  

A lower body lift is a circumferential lift, meaning the incision goes all around the body.  Besides the tummy it also includes a butt and outer thigh lift.  It helps to address the excess rolls on the lower part of the back too.  I had that issue but not everyone does.  

Lemily
on 9/15/15 3:41 pm
VSG on 01/16/14

Thanks Tracy! You must feel amazing though to have all that "dead weight" no pun intended gone! You look great! Keep up the work and a pray for a speedy recovery for you!

(deactivated member)
on 9/9/15 4:40 am - Russia

Happy to hear that now!

One of my friends did that, she is also my roommate. i observed all her situation after having the procedure of plastic surgery ... the first two weeks were very, very rough and I may have answered differently if you had asked me back then.
Now she is quite happy with her procedure.

Most Active