I want to have an arm lift...does anyone know if insurance would cover this

harmonyv04
on 9/13/15 7:01 pm - Baton Rouge, LA

Hello everyone,

I would like to have an arm lift. I hate the flab on my arms. Does anyone know if this is covered by insurance or have any info on how I can get this covered through insurance?

Thanks,

Neesie57
on 9/13/15 8:05 pm
VSG on 08/04/15

Most insurance companies will not cover any kind of plastic surgery that is cosmetic.  It is considered elective surgery and is not necessary.  The only way they will cover it is if the extra skin is causing medical problems that are documented with a doctor, over a period of time.

Good luck!

5' 5" tall. VSG on August 4, 2015/ Starting weight 239.9/ Surgery weight 210.9/ Current weight 137.4/ Goal weight 140/ No longer overweight, now a NORMAL weight. Now that I'm at goal, it's time to move on to maintenance!!!!!!!!

Tracy D.
on 9/14/15 8:39 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

I've never heard of any insurance covering an arm lift.  Once in a greta while insurance will cover a panniculectomy (removal of excess skin on tummy without a tummy tuck) IF there has been an extended period of documentation of sores, rashes, etc. that could not be helped with medication or other treatment.  

You're on your own for this one - the good news is that it's typically the most affordable of all the skin removal surgeries. 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Laura in Texas
on 9/14/15 3:42 pm

In my seven years here on OH I have read of 2 people whose arms were covered by insurance, but those are not good odds for the OP.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Laura in Texas
on 9/14/15 3:43 pm

Call your insurance company and ask if reconstructive surgery is covered.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

(deactivated member)
on 9/22/15 2:13 am - Russia

Cannot tell you how much obsessed about my big tummy tuck and my calf.

I was thinking that i will do my surgery end of this year but i think the amount of my fat in my belly and hand are increasing ..........i need to go for liposuction as early as possible.

alexclinton
on 9/24/15 10:27 pm

Normally, insurance companies will not pay for arm lift, but may pay for parts of it. Insurance companies will only pay for procedures that are medically necessary, and often have strict criteria for each procedure to be covered. Each plan is different, but sometimes you can find the requirements for coverage online depending on your carrier. So, you have to check with your insurance company about what things are covered.

Most Active