Breast Cancer & Reconstruction

kdalpha
on 1/21/16 9:38 am - Wrightsville Beach, NC

I have recently found out I have breast cancer and having a full mastectomy. I have been wanting a breast lift for some time since the loose skin from bypass surgery and now I will be having it. Hopefully I can get financing to have a penectomy at the same time. Loose stomach skin is awful and surgery wont cover it. Going back to my original diet and eating off my blog recipes to help me lose more lbs before surgery. Keeping fingers crossed. Anyone else have breast and tummy done at same time?

TKs, nicole

NYMom222
on 1/22/16 9:15 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Sorry to hear about your cancer. Take care of yourself. I am not sure how breast reconstruction is different that regular breast lift/or Augmentation, but many people have them with Lower Body Lifts or Tummy Tucks. I am scheduled for a LBL and BL in 5 weeks.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

kdalpha
on 1/22/16 12:55 pm - Wrightsville Beach, NC

Great! So excited for you!!!! Good to know about 2 surgeries at once

jeterway
on 1/25/16 10:45 am

I had a prophylactic mastectomy with reconstruction from my abdomen.  I have the brca1 gene mutation so I knew at some point I would have to address the issue.  Using my abdominal tissue for the reconstruction got me most of a tummy tuck all covered by my insurance.  You just have to make sure that you have enough abdominal tissue left - but the skin will all be pulled tight.  You might want to have a consult with a plastic surgeon who does tram or deip flaps.  I paid some extra for some lipo as the lipo part wasn't 'included' in the breast reconstruction.

(deactivated member)
on 5/5/16 9:05 pm

Most Active