Need MD/DC/NJ/NY Plastic Surgeon, whats your experience?

kerbear1969
on 3/25/16 5:39 am, edited 3/25/16 5:50 am - MD

Wanting Lower body lift with lipo to back of thighs for cellulite and buttock augmentation, breast augmentation mine are deflated) would like it all done at same time.  Am going to set up consultations with MD/DC doctors in the next few  months was wondering experience with these particular surgeons or any others you recommend.  Want the best results.  Thanks for your input.

RNY 8/6/15 HW 304 LW 124lbs RW 165 CW 140 Weight loss stats: Liquid Pre-op -35, August-18, September-12, October-11, November-18, December-16, January-12, February-10, March-11, April -8, May-11, June-5 July-5,August-6

breathemusic
on 3/25/16 7:44 am

Quite a few of us on the boards here have used Dr. Michaels (has offices in MD and northern VA).  He specializes in body contouring on people who have lost a significant amount of weight and so many people have really loved their results with him, including me!  He could also most likely do both of your procedures at the same time.  He's a very friendly doc, great bedside manner, reasonably priced (sadly the hospital charges in the DC area are what drive up the cost of plastics around here).

The other major surgeon that I've heard of people using is Dr. Capella in NJ.  Also tons of people on these boards who have had amazing results with him.  If you do a search you'll see lots of blogs about experiences with both!

Dcgirl
on 3/25/16 8:27 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

I can second the comment about Dr. Joseph Michaels - definitely set up a consult with him!  He specializes, as BreatheMusic said, in fixing bodies that have had massive weight loss - so it's not just a tummy tuck, it's a tummy tuck with contouring...it's not just a lower body lift, it's a lower body lift with contouring and buttock augmentation with your own tissue.  He has an incredible bedside manner and his surgical work is top notch.  I did an LBL and BL with him, followed by an arm lift a few months later.  I had an awesome experience with both!  He operated on me at Sibley and I had great care both pre and post op.  

I wanted to have my arms done at the same time but it would have been too much time under anesthesia since I needed a very intricate breast lift (he used my own tissue to get me lovely C cups).  I told him after the fact that if he got an assistant, like Dr. Capella has, he could bundle more surgeries together into one day and people would like that.  His response?  "I know, but I am very OCD about my incisions and stitching, and I prefer to do it myself".  I can definitely appreciate that, and am benefiting from his awesome work!

Here is my plastics post.  I can't believe it was just over a year ago! Plastics

My body still looks awesome, my stomach is flat and tight, and my scars are barely noticeable (arms are most noticeable but I just had those done in October).

Tell Dr. M that Emily sent you/recommended him.

ICG63
on 3/25/16 11:37 am
Revision on 10/31/13

I had an LBL, breast lift and arm lift with Dr. Capella. He performs  the body lift in a way that does not flatten the buttocks, and the lift itself dealt with some of the cellulite. He was great. If you are interested my pics are posted from my surgery date 1/25/16 to recent 8 weeks out pics. Good luck!

NYMom222
on 3/25/16 5:27 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Had my LBL with Dr. Michaels, having my BL and Arms with him in May. Highly recommend. Wonderful surgeon, great results. Dr. Capella is a well known and respected surgeon as well.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Nikke2003
on 3/28/16 10:12 am - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

Hey there. I had all of my work done by Dr. Capella as well and I can't say enough amazing things about him and his staff. If you're interested in all of my pictures... take a look at my blog (in the signature line) and use the password capella2014

Let me know if you have any questions!

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

kerbear1969
on 3/28/16 6:32 pm - MD

WOW you look fantastic!!! Congratulations to your success.

RNY 8/6/15 HW 304 LW 124lbs RW 165 CW 140 Weight loss stats: Liquid Pre-op -35, August-18, September-12, October-11, November-18, December-16, January-12, February-10, March-11, April -8, May-11, June-5 July-5,August-6

Most Active