Flat butt fix?

charminglearner
on 4/9/16 5:21 am
RNY on 10/27/14

Since losing my weight I have found sitting for over an hour, even on the padded seat of my car, causes the same radiating pain.  I now have no butt, hence no padding.  I have no idea if this is the cause of the problem.

I have questions:

• Has anyone else experienced pain while sitting, which radiates down the outer thigh?
  • If so, did a butt enhancement where fat from another part of the body is injected into the buttock area alleviate the problem?
  • If you have this problem and a flat butt, what has worked for you?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Laura in Texas
on 4/9/16 6:23 am

At a year and a half out, I also had trouble sitting on my flat butt. Do you have ****yx pillow to sit on? That helps. The pain went away for me after a while. I did get a butt auto-augmentation with my lower body lift (where they use your own tissue to enhance your butt) but for me it has added pain. I cannot do yoga or other exercises where I have to lie down on my backside. It's painful where my implanted tissue is.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

charminglearner
on 4/9/16 12:21 pm
RNY on 10/27/14

I was thinking of that butt auto augmentation when I get my belt lipectomy.  So I should maybe just save the money and keep the flat butt.  I'm desperate to get rid of this pain.  I was going to try yoga starting next week in the hopes that strengthening the muscles would help.

Leslie W.
on 4/9/16 5:42 pm - Cobourg, Canada

I had autologous butt implants with my posterior lift. It took about a month for it to soften so I could lie on my back. Now 3 month post no pain at all

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
charminglearner
on 4/10/16 2:26 pm
RNY on 10/27/14

Do you think the extra padding fixed the problem?  Are you able to sit on a hard surface or a soft surface for an extended period of time without discomfort?

Leslie W.
on 4/11/16 7:09 am - Cobourg, Canada

After the first month can lie and sit with no problems. My car seats are firm and have no problem. Post op my 'booty' was quite swollen and i thought what did i do? After swelling went down i find my jeans and pants fit better.

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
H.A.L.A B.
on 4/12/16 10:18 am

i use "butt pillows" almost everywhere. Even in my car... 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

charminglearner
on 4/12/16 10:20 am
RNY on 10/27/14

Where did you get those?  

Any idea if it's the extra padding form the pillow that helps?

H.A.L.A B.
on 4/12/16 10:27 am

I like the gel pads- ****yx pillows.. with opening / cutout for the spine.

I often have to take that to restaurants with me...

there are different models.. I bought some in Costco.. so fart- they last the longest....

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&e spv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=****yx%20cushion

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

charminglearner
on 4/12/16 11:04 am
RNY on 10/27/14

Thank you!

Have you heard of any permanent solutions?  

Most Active