Plastic surgery patient wins malpractice suit

MyBariatricLife
on 10/8/16 8:55 pm

This is a true story of a patient that was horribly disfigured by her plastic surgeon. She successfully sued him for malpractice, which is a very difficult thing to do since the law is on the surgeon's side owing to heavy lobbyists and the unequivocal power of insurance companies to litigate, as well as the bias of juries that plastic surgery is elective and therefore you get what you deserve. 

Here is her story on RealSelf, with photos https://www.realself.com/review/desplanes-il-butt-lift-disaster-surgery-performed-dr-vincent-makhalouf#comment-4469039

Here is the story on her attorney's blog http://www.sandberglaw.com/blog/2015/11/12/jury-awards-200000-for-botched-cosmetic-surgery/ 

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

Laura in Texas
on 10/9/16 6:04 am

Wow!! That is terrible! I hope the money can be used to bring her some relief. Please let us know if you see any follow up as far as her reconstruction is concerned. 

This is a good warning to research research research!! 

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

MyBariatricLife
on 10/13/16 5:26 pm

I honestly did not believe it was real, at first. I had to go and search online and find the lawsuit. That poor woman. 

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

NYMom222
on 10/9/16 5:34 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Wow, that is pretty horrible. That is actually the town my son lives in. She says "The money, is not going to help improve this disaster," I hope she does get it repaired.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

MyBariatricLife
on 10/13/16 5:28 pm

She got to keep $100k. I don't know that it can be fixed with just that amount of money. I sure hope so.

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

(deactivated member)
on 10/11/16 9:41 pm

Anytime you have to sue your doctor, everyone has already lost regardless of the outcome. I guess the point should be to find the best doctors available first, then get the best price from a small group of highly qualified surgeons.

MyBariatricLife
on 10/13/16 5:24 pm

In regard to suing your doctor, I agree with you BUT this woman was horribly disfigured. True, true, finding the right surgeon is mandatory. 

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

Most Active