Too poor for plastics but, will insurance help?

rissa1224
on 12/8/16 8:17 am - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12

I have had an arm lift done already that I took out a loan for. They were my worst disgust. I am extremely happy. Finally paid that loan off also.

My lower blubber, panni? Needs to go. I sometimes feel itchy under the flab, and have to make sure I wash there daily, or its irritating. I talked to my regular physician about it but he said to get powders etc. It isn't killing me. But when I work out? Lord Jesus its awful. Even my breasts  that deflated. They bounce, my flab bounces and its not comfortable. It feels like the flab and boobies will get ripped off if I do too much intense cardio. I have top flab, and lower flab. I despise all of the extra that hangs down, but mostly it makes it very uncomfortable to work out intensely. I did classes at the gym (when I had time to go) and it was awful. I do T25 at home when I have time. It hurts. Jumping any which way. Ridiculous. I try to avoid it, but I shouldn't, I need to exercise.

So, that being said. Is there anyone with a similar experience who has tried to go through their Insurance? I have not contacted my insurance yet. But this is just a thought on my mind. I know plastics are out for good since I cant afford it and I can't take another loan out, but it was a thought to see if theres anything with insurance. Or if any of you have had a similar experience.

TIA!

Amy-77
on 12/8/16 11:30 am - WI
RNY on 12/03/14

Hi it is very dependent on your insurance coverage.  My insurance is covering a panniculectomy  (code 15830) but will not cover abdominoplasty which also tightens the muscles. It took me 3 appeals to get the panni covered and I had to have a lot of documentation on issues caused by the skin overhang, be on prescription creams and antibiotics and also have documented daily activities I could not due because of the excess skin.  I was in to see my doctors every 3-4 months to document issues.  I also had to have maintained a steady weight for 6 months prior to them approving.  Call your insurance or look it up on your coverage guidelines, don't hesitate that way you know for sure and will know if there is anything you need to do proactively to get it covered.

I was able to combine procedures with my panni removal and will also be paying for my arm's and boobs out of pocket but it is slightly less since I'm having them done all at the same time (Dec. 28th is the day and I am sooo excited).

What was your recovery like for your arm procedure?  Anything you found helpful in the recovery phase?

Height: 5'6    Highest Weight: 386     Surgery Weight (12/3/14): 344    Enjoy every day!

rissa1224
on 12/9/16 5:07 am - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12

My arms were great. I was sore and super stiff for a few days. I was afraid I wouldn't even be able to pull my pants down to go pee! It was a sure struggle. I don't remember if I took pain meds, I don't like pain meds so I try to avoid them. I took Tylenol mostly. I wore the arm garments they gave for about 3 weeks. My scars are not prettyful  but I don't heal that great - everyone is different. But I LOVE them. No more bat wings! I found it easiest to sleep on my couch for a few days. My couches are big so they worked. I propped myself up a bit too. Getting out of bed I had to use my abdomen muscles (or flab LOL) to get up and not use my arms so that was a tad difficult. Other than that it was easy peasy

Most Active