Tightness

ShadowWolf3
on 5/30/17 6:44 am - OH
VSG on 03/19/15

I just had a panni and breast reconstruction 3 weeks ago. The panni incision looks horrible under belly button area. It looks like it pulled open some and I see some yellowness. Dr said it was fine. COurse my belly button looks yellowish in side and oozy a little. I have an appointment with primary for second opinion on it.

My question is how long does the panni incision start to feel not so darn tight when you move? I'm so uncomfortable because it's so tight. I had problems with one drain and now they finally took it out last week it is taking longer for that hole to heal than the other one. Plus it also sore.

The tragedy in life doesn't lie in not reaching your goal. The tragedy lies in having no goal to reach.- Benjamin Mays

HW:450, Consult W:371, SW:353

MaryEllen OntheEastCoast
on 5/30/17 8:33 am - CT

My feeling of tightness lasted for months. I think it's due to swelling and fluid buildup.

ShadowWolf3
on 5/30/17 9:50 am - OH
VSG on 03/19/15

I keep telling hubby I swear she sewed me up too tight. LOL

The tragedy in life doesn't lie in not reaching your goal. The tragedy lies in having no goal to reach.- Benjamin Mays

MaryEllen OntheEastCoast
on 5/30/17 2:34 pm - CT

Please keep an eye on it. I didn't want to scare you but my incision burst open about two weeks out. I had to have a wound vac installed. However, I had my panini while far from goal weight. I needed a hip replacement and had a hanging apron from weight loss. But I still had fat inside. I kept telling the surgeon that I felt like I was going to explode and I eventually did. So just be careful. Again my case was different than yours.

MaryEllen OntheEastCoast
on 5/30/17 5:55 pm - CT

Damn autocorrect! I meant panni.

ShadowWolf3
on 5/30/17 7:45 pm - OH
VSG on 03/19/15

I didn't reach my goal either. Surgeon keeps saying it looks fine. I'm going to primary Dr tomorrow and have him look at it. It still seeps a little. I'm 3 weeks out.

Patty R.
on 5/30/17 4:19 pm - Harrisville, RI
RNY on 09/08/16

Did/does your surgeon require a compression garment or binder to "hold" things in while you heal??

Lap-Band 2007 out 2013 RnY 2016 Age 64 5'6" HW 294 SW 284 LW 214 CW 235.2 goal 199

G. Dean Roye, MD FACS

Patty

ShadowWolf3
on 5/30/17 7:42 pm - OH
VSG on 03/19/15

Yes they gave me a binder and a surgical bra.

Luvmygs
on 5/31/17 8:43 am
VSG on 12/04/14

I didn't have any issues with my incision after my TT. For me the tightness came from my abdominal area. I'm still feeling a little tightness from in my stomach area and I had surgery 11/18/2016. When the surgeon removed the tape around my incision, he had me put on some cream that I received from his office. This helped with healing of my incision and belly button. You were given pain pills right? You need to continue taking those. I actually would cut them in 1/2, that seem to keep the pain level down. Good luck.

ShadowWolf3
on 5/31/17 11:33 am - OH
VSG on 03/19/15

They didn't offer any type of cream. I did go see primary today and he said it wasn't infected even though some gunk came out of the drain sight. They removed drain a week ago. He told me to use bacitracin cream on incision. The rash is from the ear plug surgeon nurse practitioner told me to use in belly button. Apparently it was made with latex and I'm allergic to latex.

I don't take the pain pills very often unless in bad pain.

Most Active