How to begin looking

JTomo08
on 7/28/17 11:41 pm
VSG on 06/29/16
On July 26, 2017 at 4:57 AM Pacific Time, NYMom222 wrote:

All Plastic Surgeons will say they do it, but having someone who has done many of them or specializes in it is important. The quality and the quantity of our skin is different...

First of all where are you located?

When you do a consult make sure they show you pictures of patients that look like you in their before pictures.

Obviously asking locally to other WLS patients or at support groups helps.

I chose to travel, no regrets!

Minneapolis.

FuturePinUp
on 8/2/17 4:50 am

What helped me a lot was looking through the photo galleries of different plastic surgeons on RealSelf - specifically the ones of procedures I was interested in. Then, I tried to find the "before" photos of people whose bodies look similar to mine, and see what the afters looked like. It was a big help, and I strongly encourage perusing lots and lots of galleries. Yes, it will of course reflect the surgeon's best work, but I still think it's extremely helpful.

VSG: 06/24/15 // Age: 35 // Height: 5'10" // Lost so far: 190 lbs

HW: 348 (before 2 week pre-op diet) // SW: 326 // CW: 158

TT/Lipo & BL/BA: 07/21/17 with Dr. Reish (NYC) BL/BA Revision: 01/11/18 with Dr. Reish (NYC)

Unconventional Sleever & Low-Carb Lifer

Kathy S.
on 7/25/17 8:18 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hi

Congratulations on your weight loss and looking into the next step Ditto what everyone said... You want to make sure they have done a lot of full body skin removal. Also your weight loss surgeon can give you some referrals as well. I went to several consults and talked to others that had surgery with that surgeon before making the decision.

I am not sure where you are located but if you can attend the conference we are having in the fall we have 4 plastic surgeons here at the event that are doing free consults. Some are from MX so you can get an idea of the pricing between US and MX. When you go to see the surgeon let them know what areas bother you, what your desired outcome is and then ask if that is doable? How would they go about it? For example when we were discussing my back skin I didn't want the scar on my back, the surgeon suggested down the side. What would be the process, scar potential, healing time, realistic expectations and of course price.

Here are some links about the conference -

http://www.obesityhelp.com/events

http://www.obesityhelp.com/events/plastic-surgery-consultati ons

Keep us posted on how things go!

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Crazeru
on 8/1/17 5:17 pm

You can take pics from the front, side, back, other side and email to [email protected] Put Quote on the Subject line and he'll get back to you.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

Most Active