Panniculectomy recovery advice

sunflower74
on 4/19/18 11:58 am - Salem, NJ
VSG on 03/09/09 with

Hey all, it has been a while since I have been active in these forums...but the time has come for a panniculectomy and the date has been set for July.

I had my consult and this is only to remove the excess skin, they will not tighten muscles (insurance wont cover). My question is for those of you that had this procedure done... what made your recovery easier OR what do you wish you knew about recovery that you learned after the fact. Thanks!

Emiepie
on 4/20/18 7:52 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! I had my PS just over a year ago. I would say the best advice I got was to increase my protein intake before and after my surgery (even more than I already was eating). My surgeon was very strict on my activity level after surgery and recommended only walking (only 15 mins at a time to start) for 6 weeks-he says that this helps reduce the swelling. The only part for me that I wasn't really expecting is how long the numbness lasts after-I guess it's very similar to when you have a c-section. Good luck.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

sunflower74
on 4/20/18 12:48 pm - Salem, NJ
VSG on 03/09/09 with

Thanks! I was thinking about nutrition. My appetite lately has been kinda low so I know I am most likely not getting in all my macros. I'll start getting in the habit now of watching my numbers to make sure I get as much as my body needs before "show time".

Most Active