Referall for Great yet reasonably priced Florida plastic surgeon

LynnCB
on 5/5/18 5:13 pm, edited 5/6/18 6:52 am

Hi all,

I have now lost 138# on the Nutrimost diet (full disclosure) I have hanging skin everywhere and need to have surgery I am looking for a referral to basically cut all the extra skin off and lifts.

I would like to do this without spending $70k+ I am on the central east cost of Florida, any referrals? I also have family in Frederick, MD if I need to go there.

Thanks!!

Lynn B

Librarian67
on 5/6/18 4:42 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Congrats on your loss!

I am having PS with Dr. Douglas Forman who is in North Bethesda-Rockville, MD and does surgery out of Sibley Hospital in NW DC. He is well reviewed on OH and RealSelf and after several consults, I am very happy with him.

Dr. Joseph Michaels, who also works out of Sibley, is well liked on this site and does alot of body contouring with WLS patients.

I suggest looking here on OH and on RealSelf.com then make appointments to talk to a number of PS.

As for cost, going to an experienced PS who has done body contouring with patients who have lost massive amounts of weight will definitely cost more than going to a generalist. Shop around and remember that it just might cost more than you plan to get the results that you want.

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

LynnCB
on 5/6/18 7:15 am

Morning, can I ask do you need a full body contouring? I have hanging skin everywhere. What type of quotes did you get?

Librarian67
on 5/6/18 7:49 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Most PS in the DC area is about $8000 per procedure and an LBL is 2 procedures. Some of the cost variance has to do with whether the procedure is done in the hospital or in an outpatient surgery center and whether you have to stay overnight. For myself, I wanted to be in the hospital, Sibley is a great hospital, and for a more extended procedure (anywhere from 6-12 hours) I didn't want to go home right after surgery. I wanted to be sure that I was stable and mobile and that the pain was under control. That said, it does cost more and using a hospital and staying overnight are not necessary. Talk to lots of surgeons and read reviews and find out what feels comfortable for you and your health.

My surgeon, Douglas Forman, doesn't want to do the front and back at the same time because it is pulling on the incisions in both directions but I know that Dr. Michaels does lots of LBLs and people are pleased with the results. I am having an extended mastopexy (I have lots of loose skin from my breasts extending into my underarm) and an extended abdominoplasty (pretty much all the way to the table) for my first surgery. Sometime this winter or early spring I plan to have a butt lift and maybe my inner thighs. I wasn't sure about my thighs because I have alot of muscle definition from exercise but my inner thighs really do sag to my knees and will look even worse once my tummy is tightened. My arms are pretty good and I'll probably leave them alone.

My surgery is on the 18th and I am happy to share my pics when it is done. Send me a friend request and I will PM you.

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

MarinaGirl
on 5/6/18 6:46 am
On May 6, 2018 at 12:13 AM Pacific Time, LynnCB wrote:

Hi all,

I have now lost 138# on the Nutrimost diet (full disclosure) I have hanging skin everywhere and need to have surgery I am looking for a referral to basically cut all the extra skin off and lifts. I would

likento dondonthis without spending $70k+ I am on the central east cost of Florida, any referrals? I also have family in Frederick, MD if I need to go there.

Thanks!!

Lynn B

Many OHers highly recommend Dr Joseph Michaels in the DC area. He has offices in Fairfax, VA and Rockville, MD. I haven't seen him myself but am interested in scheduling a virtual consult with him in the near future.

LynnCB
on 5/6/18 6:51 am

Thank you!

NadiaM
on 5/6/18 4:48 pm

Dr Bernard Shuster hands down!!! He's in Hollywood and I had my arm lift and breast done with him and had outstanding results. I am getting my LBL with him next year too. He makes you feel so comfortable and is incredibly honest. If you decide to go see him, let me know I will give you my name for a referral. You will not be disappointed. Ps. If you want to see his work on me check out my instagram page (nadiamazz). Ps. I lost 170lbs

Crazeru
on 5/9/18 11:43 am

Dr Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico. Combines procedures with twilight sedation through an epidural.

Dr Sauceda will be in Las Vegas Aug 3rd and 4th and is available for consults.

You can take pics from the front, side, back, other side and any closes up (face)... email to [email protected] with Quote in the subject line. He'll get back to you in a few days.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

MyBariatricLife
on 5/30/18 4:41 pm

In FL both Dr. Salama and Dr. Mendietta are well regarded for the BBL. Check them out for the other procedures that you are interested in.

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

Most Active