Just Had Thigh Lift 7/17/18

feistyemm
on 8/10/18 10:31 am, edited 8/10/18 10:33 am - Westchester, NY

I'm rapidly approaching 64. I had a vertical thigh lift on July 17th, 2018. It was clear right from the beginning that he did not remove enough skin and I still have hanging skin on my thighs (no fat). I did not spend all of that money to still not be able to wear shorts or shorter skirts than to my knee. It took me ten years to finally bite the bullet and do it because I knew it was going to be an extremely difficult recovery. So I'm pissed off. My surgeon agrees that I have reason to be displeased. He has done all of my plastic surgery and has always made it clear that he will do whatever he has to do to make me happy, on his dime. That is how I believe it should be. When he did my implants in 2012 I had to have it redone 3 times until it was right and never paid a penny after the first surgery. Now, in addition to the problems with the thigh lift, I had a rupture of my left implant. When he replaced it (at the same time as the thigh lift), it was not placed securely and is moving around to the side -- so that has to be fixed as well. I'm pissed off at this as well because this was the problem I had in the first implant surgery back in 2012 and I feel he should have read all of my notes from the first implant surgeries. I can handle fixing the implant, as there is really no pain at all in that area. But the thighs? What an uncomfortable area!!! And the area near the groin has opened up on both sides. A mess!!! I HATE to have to go through this again once I am healthy and healed!!!! I'm wondering if there is a way to pull it up rather than to cut from groin to knee. I can't believe how uncomfortable and painful this is after over 3 weeks.

Marla a/k/a Feistyemm
Surgery Date: 4/21/2005; HW: 333/ SW: 271/ CW:133/ GOAL: 150 or UNDER

Highest BMI: 54.7; BMI Now: 22.6 -- Jeans before surgery: 32. Now: 6
PS: 2006/7 LBL, Bracheoplasty & Upper Thigh Lift. 8/2012: UBackLift & Breast Implants
(redone 3 times). 7/17/18: vertical thigh lift (needs to be redone - left too much skin) &
replacement of 1 breast implant due to rupture (still needs to be fixed due to placement).

Grim_Traveller
on 8/11/18 7:04 am
RNY on 08/21/12

That sounds horrible. But why do you keep going back to that same surgeon, when he's never got anything right the first, or even the second time around? One botched surgery would have been enough for me.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

White Dove
on 8/11/18 7:55 am - Warren, OH

My plastic surgeon is a true artist. Everything is done perfect the first time. What a nightmare to have one who wants to practice on you until he gets it right. He should be paying you for using you as his experiments.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

(deactivated member)
on 8/11/18 8:38 am

Thanks for sharing and good luck to you. Can I ask who your doctor was?

feistyemm
on 8/11/18 9:13 am, edited 8/11/18 2:14 am - Westchester, NY

I appreciate your comments and completely understand how you could wonder how I would go back again and again... I started with my surgeon (I'd rather not give his name) a year after my surgery in 2006. He did my lower body lift and bracheoplasty at that time. The arms were and are fine, and my stomach area is indeed a work of art. Still, after 12 years! I've never seen better. At that time my back opened up, which was truly traumatic. That was not his fault. My skin is older and non-elastic. I eventually healed and it is fine. He also did my upper thigh at that time, which was also fine. The breasts were an issue again due to non-elasticity and probably my previous breast surgery in 1984 when I had a major reduction. So the issues that occurred when I had my initial problems in 2012 with the breasts were unexpected, and he was determined to get it right no matter what. I don't believe these were his fault and he eventually had to put in an internal bra, which did the trick. I am upset THIS time because he should have foreseen the traveling implant when changing it due to the past experience.

As for not taking out enough from the thighs, this I am pissed off about. It is obvious that there was a lot more to remove the moment I removed the dressings. I did a lot of reading this week about the sensitivity and possibility of the wounds opening up -- I am not so special in this case. But not removing enough to make a real difference is what I'm livid about. But at this point I am NOT going to go to someone else to fix it. I know he will take care of it and get it right. He has done my whole body and, other than the thighs, I've been satisfied with my results. Fixing the breast is very minimal in terms of recovery, pain and time. So I'm just bugged with that part. I've never read on here that a surgeon eats the whole fix when it doesn't go right. He stands behind his work, which eventually is right. I can't imagine at this point going to someone else. I blew my money on this, and there's no more for anyone else. He WILL take care of me. I'm just PISSED.

Marla a/k/a Feistyemm

PS: 2006/7 LBL, Bracheoplasty & Upper Thigh Lift. 8/2012: UBackLift & Breast Implants
(redone 3 times). 7/17/18: vertical thigh lift (needs to be redone - left too much skin) &
replacement of 1 breast implant due to rupture (still needs to be fixed due to placement).

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/11/18 10:41 am

Just a question- since you mentioned your age and poor skin elasticity - maybe he removed only major portion - but left some in so the new wounds don't open?

My friend had a very aggressive thighs surgery. Unfortunately, due to swelling and lack of skin elasticity- her wounds open and it took her close to a year for rveverythi to close up. During that time she also developed some tissue necrosis, and her scares are really bad even now - app. 5 years post op. Plus they can't be revised, because there is not enough of skin left.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

NHPOD9
on 8/11/18 10:46 am

I know very, very little about plastic surgery, but this was my thought as well, Hala. It seems he recognized the OP's lack of elasticity and was conservative as a result in order to minimize a very likely side effect.

~Jen
RNY, 8/1/2011
HW: 348          SW: 306          CW:-fighting regain
    GW: 140

He who endures, conquers. ~Persius

(deactivated member)
on 8/11/18 1:29 pm

I hope all gets sorted out and I am sure it will in time. I only asked Dr name because I would eventually love to have my arms and tummy done and live not far from you in CT (right near Nothern Westchester) Nice to know who is who. Even though all good for you eventually I rather do it all just once as a baby and no patience. I might kill him if I had to go back several times ! Just kidding of course. I think I would go to D.C. To Dr. Michael's. I Love the work I have seen he has done. Waiting game for me with kids... have to take care of college. Soooooo expensive. Just decided last year wouldn't mind fixing a couple things! (10 years later) smart for those doing it right away. Do it when you can do not wait! I can live with mine and totally hideable and not impeding sizes I buy but on beach etc would not mind some work done! Eventually maybe still happen!

I am sure in time yours will look the way you want since you say his past results have been awesome for you. One step at a time.

Best

megan

feistyemm
on 8/13/18 3:11 pm - Westchester, NY

Hi Megan -- you can email me on yahoo as feistyemm and I can share the dr with you.

Marla a/k/a Feistyemm

(deactivated member)
on 8/13/18 3:38 pm

Thanks Feistyem I appreciate it. I am up to my neck with upcoming college expenses for my daughter who will be a senior this year to get too excited about thinking about it. I was going to try and swing it but was unrealistic at this time in my life.

Good luck to you, I am sure all will be good in time. Stay happy and move ahead a happier and brighter light will come in time just like the other PS you had done. :)

Most Active