Lost 165 pounds now i'm ready to surgically get rid of all my excess skin and fat

SarahJenner
on 2/25/19 9:38 am

I underwent bariatric surgery. Lost 165 pounds, proud of myself for losing all this weight. The only upsetting part is all this extra loose skin. I feel like this is the next step to complete my journey. I live in Canada and made an appointment to see Dr. Avi Islur in Winnipeg. One of my friends lost over 100 pounds and went to him for the same reasons, she looks phenomenal and feels phenomenal.

I want to hear from fellow members who have underwent body contouring surgery. I really want ot get it done, a little nervous to go under. How did you feel afterwards? Was it worth it? How was recovery?

Gwen M.
on 2/25/19 6:37 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

I recommend scrolling back through posts here, since a lot of us have posted our experiences. :)

Short version - recovery was hard but it was totally worth it.

It's good to have realistic expectations when you go into it. My legs, for example, will always look a bit weird, but they're so much better than they were.

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

tristak
on 2/26/19 8:26 am

Congratulations! I am two weeks post op fleur de lys abdominoplasty today. I lost over 100lbs with my VSG and have been carrying around the extra skin for years. Honestly it was more an annoyance than anything else - in an odd way I wore the skin as a reminder of where I had come from - however it was a huge hinderance - mostly for exercise. So after consulting 3 plastic surgeons and lots of thought here I am! Now I will say my surgeon is amazing if for no other reason than he listened to me and when he asked what my biggest fear of this surgery was I said the pain. He spent 10 minutes reviewing his pain management protocol with me. That was huge for me! From the moment I woke up from surgery I was always kept comfortable with quite the drug ****tail. The first 3-4 days are a blur because of meds. By day 5 I was moving slowly with a walker but moving! By day 7 I was off the heaviest pain meds and down to 3 times a day with a mini pain med ****tail. By 10 day follow-up I was able to walk to the car, the doctor, etc with the walker (slow but again walking!). And yesterday I did all that same walking with no walker! When I am asked if I feel pain honestly the answer is no - my abdomen feels like someone taped off a square and when I move it just feels like the tape is pulling - it doesn't hurt and it's a hard feeling to explain. I am down to maybe one pain pill a day and that is really dependent on what "activity" I do. Do this for yourself - know there will be challenges, accept there will be scars but when it's all said and done be proud of yourself and know you've started a new chapter!

5'2"
HW - 310/SW 300/Day of Surgery 293.2/CW - 182.2 (2/26/19), fleur de lys abdominoplasty 2/12/19 - removed 8lbs of skin from abdomen.

Most Active