Panniculectomy?? Or TT?

VAR1693
on 5/22/19 5:18 pm

When told I needed a hysterectomy and since I've lost 150 pounds but am still 100 pounds from goal weight - I decided to have a panniculectomy at the same time as my hysterectomy. I'm reading lots of different information and would like to see what y'all have to say. I really like/ trust my doctor and have not yet asked him his thoughts but have any of you been happy with having a panniculectomy and then going on to lose more weight and finish your body contouring procedures when you were closer to your goal weight?

Thought since insurance should cover cost this was a good way to get me over a hard emotional hump and provide inspiration for me to finally get to my goal.

White Dove
on 5/24/19 2:48 pm - Warren, OH

It is an excellent idea. Getting the extra skin off of your stomach will make it easier and more comfortable to exercise and dress. You can always do more surgery after your complete weight loss.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Laura in Texas
on 5/25/19 5:40 am

How long ago was your weight loss surgery? Are you doing what you need to do to lose 100 more pounds or are you hoping the panni will get you motivated? Does the extra skin hinder your mobility?

I would wait until I got to goal, but I don't know your history. Good luck!!

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

MaryEllen OntheEastCoast
on 6/2/19 5:19 am - CT

I had a panni while still over 100 pounds overweight before a hip replacement surgery. The healing was a nightmare - months with a wound vac because there was still so much fat there. I would advise against it until you are just removing skin.

Most Active