Saint Louis, MO

Liz J.
on 6/3/19 9:50 am
DS on 11/29/16

Anyone know of a plastic surgeon in Saint Louis that has experience in WLS? Right now I'm trying to find someone!

TY

HW: 398.8 SW:356 GW: 175 CW:147

catwoman7
on 6/9/19 8:08 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

check out www.realself.com There are a lot of patient reviews in there - of all kinds of doctors, but the majority are plastic surgeons. Make a list of all the plastic surgeons in your area, and then go to their Web sites and see if you can tell if a majority of their work is doing body contouring for massive weight loss patients. And check all the reviews you can find, too. Then narrow it down to 3-5 surgeons and schedule consults with them.

I don't know of anyone off hand who specializes in it in St Louis (but then, I wasn't looking in that area), but make sure the person at minimum does a boatload of them. It's a complicated subspecialty, so you want someone who does a lot of these things, not just three or four times a year.

ooh-lala
on 6/21/19 4:47 am - Great Bend, KS

Not St. Louis, but I highly recommend Dr. Joseph Cannova in Kansas City. I drove 4 hours to have my surgery with him and it was worth it!

Ooh-lala

Liz J.
on 6/27/19 2:22 pm
DS on 11/29/16

Someone very kind messaged me and gave a referral to a surgeon who is not just close but specializes in WLS patients. I have an appointment with him next month. It was the soonest they could get me in...

HW: 398.8 SW:356 GW: 175 CW:147

Most Active