Post-Plastics Swelling and Weight Gain

Grayley
on 9/9/19 3:10 pm

Hi everyone, I am 32 years old and had my first round of plastics last Tuesday, September 3 -- an arm lift and a breast lift w/ aug. I weighed 144 that morning and yesterday I weighed in at 158. I am GOBSMACKED omg. The compression garments help a lot but they just squish out all the fluid to adjacent areas like my wrists/hands and abdomen. I am really just all around swollen. My thighs haven't touched in years and suddenly even they are chafing again.

I see my surgeon tomorrow for our one week post-op appointment and have sent her pics and I also saw her at day 3 post-op for her to change the dressings on my arm. My surgeon has tried to reassure me the swelling is normal and I really do trust her, but 14 pounds normal? Did anyone else go through this?

catwoman7
on 9/9/19 8:54 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

swelling after plastic surgery is very normal. It's usually the worst the first 2-3 months, although for some people it can last up to a year (although it's not as bad - and not as often - as it was the first 2-3 months). I don't think I gained weight after my first plastic surgery, but I did after my second. As long as you've stuck to your food plan, it's likely just fluid from the swelling.

Grayley
on 9/12/19 8:09 am

Thank you so much for your response! I am back down to 149 and continuing to stay hydrated but lose about 1-1.5 lb a day. Crisis averted lol.

Grayley
on 9/19/19 7:25 pm

I wanted to follow up and say I'm back down to within my regular weight range and am feeling awesome! I can't really tell if this is against forum rules so I won't directly link the image in the post body, but I wanted to post a before & after (brachioplasty and mastopexy w/ augmentation) for anyone who is interested in seeing. It is NSFW: https://i.imgur.com/sC8AydU.jpg

My implants are Mentor 355cc anatomical unders. I am 32 y/o, 5'3", 140 - 145 lbs. RNY was on 2/22/06 when I was 19 y/o and my highest weight was 293 lbs.

LHJ
on 8/3/20 9:28 pm

Thank you so much you look like a million!!!! I really want to get it done now

(deactivated member)
on 10/9/19 5:54 am

Hello,

Swelling is a normal complication. Weight gain may be caused by some medicines or inactivity. I hope this reply can help you.

Dee_Caprini
on 1/14/20 10:43 am

Hi Grayley,

How have you been since your procedure? Has the swelling gone down? Looking into Plastics and just scanning through for thoughts and experiences to prepare myself.

(deactivated member)
on 5/10/20 8:41 pm

The content you share is great and is very popular. You experience many interesting games here: powerline io

Asberiha
on 8/3/20 12:06 am

I guess its quite common to see the swelling after plastic surgery because of incisions made during surgery. This prompts the body to flood the surgical areas with fluids, white blood cells, and other chemicals to start the healing process. so don't get panic and stay calm.

Most Active