How much skin was removed from your procedures?

Dee_Caprini
on 6/1/20 10:09 am

Ooh, that is a really good point. I will really look at that key point.

NewMe2Be72
on 6/30/20 1:29 am - CO
(deactivated member)
on 11/22/20 10:20 am
RNY on 01/01/14

Total permanently removed for me over the years was less than 15 lbs I think - and I had a LOT of liposuction done even pre-op .

The truth is if you don't get rid of your overeating addiction ( which is really hard to do without the permanent restriction of bariatric surgery and the mental adjustments that took YEARS in my case ( but I'm hardheaded ) you'll eat it back on.

Most Normie liposuction recipients eat it back on too... that's why they say lipo improves things for only five years .

If you diet and exercise strenuously pre-op to empty the fat cells obviously the lipo will remove more. But nothing's a permanent cure for over-eating lol ! ( or age related changes )

That said , I would not undo any of my surgeries' results.

Dee_Caprini
on 12/10/20 10:48 am

Thank you. You bring on some very valid points. I hate that tings are so engrained and I just cant wrap my head around some things! I am pretty hard headed too!

beechie46
on 11/23/20 1:31 pm

Hi everyone, I had my RNY July 2, 2013. I lost my weight in 6 months and I have maintained that loss for 7.5 years. Sept of 2015 I had a Panni done. The Plastic Surgeon told me that he would do my panni and cut me down to my belly button and pull all the excess skin to front and remove it. He even said my Fupa would be lifted. Well, he removed 10 plus pounds and yes my skin was tight. Right away I ask him why was my upper stomach still large. He told me it was the swelling after 3 appointments of me asking him he told me I needed LIPO done. Why didn't he tell me before surgery? I could have made the decision to pay the extra $$ it would cost to do it all right. So if I was anyone getting skin removal I would get the full on surgery, ask tons of ?'s. Unlike what I didn't do. Trusted him and now it is what it is!!

Dee_Caprini
on 12/10/20 10:57 am

I am so sorry that happened. I can't imagine why they wouldn't tell you that, too. Are you going to see about going to a different surgeon for the issues you are experiencing?

beechie46
on 12/10/20 11:18 am

Hi again, I can not figure out why my Plastic surgeon wouldn't have told me the truth. I would have tried to work out how much extra it would have been. I don't remember if I stated how much I lost with my Panni, I lost 10 plus pounds and like most people I didn't have a weight change. he stood to make money if he had told me everything. But I feel like he thought because we had talked about a breast lift and thought I would jump on and let him do Lipo at the same time. Now at this point ( I'm 62 years old) and I just don't see myself having Lipo or a Tummy tuck. I say all the time that "it is what it is". Still get a little sad because even maintaining 127#'s lost I'm still uncomfortable with my body. I guess it could be worse....RIGHT? I hope you get everything you want done. ASK MANY ???

Dee_Caprini
on 12/11/20 1:41 pm

I get it, I wouldn't let age stop you if you are healthy overall. I have a friends who are in their 60's who have had surgery to help with their body image. See if you can go to a different surgeon (or more than 1) and get a quote(s)!

I have heard that some surgeons will go all out and tell you what they think you may need (which I wouldn't like that, honestly because they are pointing out what THEY think your flaws are) and others who will only address the issues you present to them with or even what is covered under your insurance plan. I am learning that I need to go in with questions ahead of time so I don't forget anything!

beechie46
on 12/11/20 2:01 pm

I definitely talked to him about what I wanted. He said he could get the results with pulling my skin from my back pulled forward and my Fuba pulled up to tighten that up also. He did cut me from my belly button and down around my stomach on the bottom, I started talking about what was wrong the 1st time I seen him after it all. Why is my upper stomach still big? I thought my Fuba was supposed to be lifted ETC. He told me it was swelling. Which was NOT the case. I also woke up with the tube down my throat and unable to move. For over 8 hours....being shocked in my temple I was allergic to the medication ( the muscle relaxant ) not good!!! He just didn't care as much as he said he did. Sorry I hope you can understand my wandering mind. Make sure you figure out what you want and need before. Don't be like me and think they will take care of everything!!

Most Active