State insurance and Skin removal surgery

bratette
on 6/15/20 1:39 pm - Chillicothe, OH
RNY on 07/18/08 with

I am eligible for Medicaid bc of some of the recent events. I defaulted on Buckeye health but I can change. I am in Ohio

I had RNY 7/18/08 I weighed in at 337 at my peak. 320 on surgery day. I am 12 year old eat what I want, do what I want and weigh 165ish. I actually bounce between 155-165. No bouncing since quartine.. lol

I have never had any surgery on my skin, but I been told the i can get it covered with this insurance. Anyone know anything.

I was approved for a year. (My 16 yo daughter was horrible car accident in Nov discharged from hospital end of Feb 2020, I was on fmla when they closed bc of covid. I lost all my medical everything, but we did get this so i want to take advantage of it if possible

SuMari
on 8/26/20 10:31 am

Hoping your daughter is doing well and on the road to recovery. From what I've read and it's covered under your insurance, you will need to go to a surgeon who is approved under your plan (and classified as non-cosmetic) or you will have to go to a surgeon who is willing to process the insurance paperwork and I think those are not in mass quantity. There is also a ton of paperwork that must accompany any approval so I have heard that you need to be persistent to notify your doctor of any issues that may present themselves so everything is documented. If you have already been approved then only the codes in which you've been approved for will apply. I was researching and found additional information in the articles section https://www.obesityhelp.com/articles/category/plastic-surger y-procedure/

Dee_Caprini
on 9/9/20 10:35 am

I'm sorry to hear about your daughter. Hopefully she is doing well!

Hoping you are able to find some answers you are looking for, if you haven't had surgery yet?

Most Active