Extended Thighplasty w/Torsoplasty & Upper Back Lift

Sydcel
on 9/1/20 12:06 pm
RNY on 05/04/17

Hey everyone! Finally getting around to my 2nd skin removal surgery (had arm and breast lift, along with a tummy tuck in November 2018). I'm hoping anyone who has already endured the procedures in my subject line can give me some advice on recovery. (I recall after tummy tuck several folks recommended sleeping in a recliner - that worked fabulously!)

I'm mostly worried about inner thigh healing/pain, and the ride home - specifically trying to get in and out of my sons Camaro and trying to get up the stairs to my bedroom once I make it out of the car! Should I let him use my car to pick me up since the seats are not quite as low???

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Dee_Caprini
on 9/8/20 10:37 am

I haven't had surgery, but I have heard that minimal effort to get in/out of a car is best so if you have something that would assist with parallel movement, vs vertical I would go for that. A friend of mine had a remote controlled lift chair and she stated that it was absolutely perfect. She also put a pillow between her stomach and seatbelt for the ride home.

How is a torsoplasty different? I've never heard of that!

Sydcel
on 9/8/20 11:26 am
RNY on 05/04/17

A Torsoplasty removes extra skin "around" the body, as opposed to drooping. For example, after my tummy tuck, I can still grab a handful of skin on my sides, or my back, or my stomach, because the tummy tuck only removed a band of skin across my stomach. (Does that make sense?) There are 2 versions, one where they leave a scar running up the middle of your stomach, and another where you end up with 2 scars - one running on each side of your torso from underarm to hip. Because of the amount of skin I have, I'm going with the 2 scar version.

Dee_Caprini
on 9/8/20 3:44 pm

That's interesting! I have never heard of that! I have been told I will need a Fluer-di-Lis Tummy tuck, and a bra line area back lift for when "my time" comes, so I will ask if something like this, as far as outside scarring goes... I have thicker thighs because of Lipedema, I am not sure what the next steps are after I have are inner thigh surgery or outer.

Thanks for the clarification!

catwoman7
on 9/9/20 6:52 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I have the two long incisions along my sides. It was either that or a fleur de lis incision. My surgeon said the FDL would take off more loose skin on my front (I had some really high up under my ribs that he wasn't able to get to when he did my lower body lift). The two side incisions, he said, would take less skin off my front (although it'd take off enough of it that I'd probably be fine with it), but it would take skin off my sides and my back that the FDL wouldn't be able to. So....six of one half dozen of the other. I went back and forth and back and forth for a long time, but finally decided on the side incisions. I think I would have been fine with either option, actually.

RhinaMK
on 10/1/20 4:01 pm

Oh my gosh, I just posted and didn't see this until now! I think you got what I want! Don't mind me as I sit in the shadows soaking up the input from others!

Have you had surgery yet? Sorry if you answered someone else, looking now

Sydcel
on 10/1/20 4:04 pm
RNY on 05/04/17

Surgery is November 3rd.

RhinaMK
on 10/1/20 4:09 pm

ooh! how exciting! I can't wait to hear about your experience. Best of luck and hoping you get the results you're looking for

ShimmerShine
on 2/17/21 10:43 am

How are you doing? I need to get all of that done too. Who was doctor?

Most Active