Suggestions for Plastic Surgeons in Mexico?

RhinaMK
on 10/2/20 10:21 am

Hello again, I have had a few consultations here in the states, but wanted to know if anyone had any experiences, whether good or bad, with surgeons in Mexico?

catwoman7
on 10/3/20 5:18 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I had my surgery here in the US (Chicago), but the names of surgeons in Mexico that come up a lot on this and other sites are Dr. Francisco Sauceda in Monterrey and Dr. Laura (?) Carmina Cardenas in Tijuana (not sure on her first name - but you'll find her if you google her).

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

RhinaMK
on 10/5/20 3:32 pm

ok, good place to start. Thank you!

Dee_Caprini
on 10/12/20 11:10 am

Just plllleeeaaaassssssssseeeee do as much research as you absolutely can and speak to multiple patients from a surgeon if that is the route you decide to go. I know there are success stories out there, but don't just go for someone because they are giving you a "killer" deal. Not worth the risks and complications since a US Dr. won't touch you if you have issues.

RhinaMK
on 10/15/20 4:11 pm

Thank you. That is why I am here trying to get some opinions of others. I feel so conflicted because I don't have a TON of money to spend but still want SOMETHING...

hollykim
on 11/18/20 4:55 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On October 12, 2020 at 6:10 PM Pacific Time, Dee_Caprini wrote:

Just plllleeeaaaassssssssseeeee do as much research as you absolutely can and speak to multiple patients from a surgeon if that is the route you decide to go. I know there are success stories out there, but don't just go for someone because they are giving you a "killer" deal. Not worth the risks and complications since a US Dr. won't touch you if you have issues.

"a us dr won't touch you if you hAve issues". This is not true.

RhinaMK
on 12/11/20 1:47 pm

I think she meant more along the lines of "without it costing" and there being issues with one Dr. trying to fix another surgeons mistakes.

hollykim
on 12/12/20 7:07 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On December 11, 2020 at 9:47 PM Pacific Time, RhinaMK wrote:

I think she meant more along the lines of "without it costing" and there being issues with one Dr. trying to fix another surgeons mistakes.

have you met many doctors who will do work" without it costing"?

JerseyCityGal
on 10/20/20 6:25 am - NJ
with

Dr. Francisco Sauceda was the first plastic surgeon I went to. He did my face, neck and eyes and every surgeon I have seen since has said it's the best face work they have ever seen. I would have him work on my face again in a hot second. He gets 1,000 stars for that! People bash going to Mexico for surgery and love to tell horror stories but to be honest, Monterrey has some of the best plastic surgeons on the planet and the clinics and hospitals are lovely.

Every surgery is a risk. Just don't be stupid about who you have do your surgery. Sauceda has more training, experience and creds than most plastic surgeons stateside. There is a difference between going to a respected plastic surgeon in Mexico and hopping on someone's kitchen table in a dirt floor shack with chickens running around because a guy in a bloody apron offers to do your butt implants for $500.

Sauceda also did my first body work (offhand I believe it was an LBL, breast lift & implants, arms, thigh lift and maybe something else) which was technically perfect but he was very conservative with the skin removal. I am very physically fit and have a six-pack so to be honest, I was disappointed. It's not that he did a bad job, he's great and so is Patty (his nurse) but I paid a lot of money and my butt was supposed to be lifted about 5 inches and it ended up being around 1. I understand his concerns and respect them but I paid him somewhere around 34k to 36K and then had to wait a year to heal and then spent ANOTHER 34k (?) here in NJ with Dr. Matthew J Trovato (he's also in Dallas and he is excellent) to have all my body work revised. Again, Sauceda did absolutely nothing wrong and his care was top notch but his skin removal was not aggressive enough for me ... but not even God could have done a better job on my face, eyes and neck than he did. It was perfection.

99% of people would have been happy with the body work Sauceda did for me. I had different expectations as far as skin removal. That's all. I went from being rounder than a beach ball to becoming an athlete and had a different vision for myself.

RhinaMK
on 12/11/20 1:45 pm

Thank you for this! Yea, I won't be going to someone just because they are the cheapest. I watch too much "Botched" for that

Most Active