No compression garment after thigh lift - what to wear?

kimhansenbc
on 9/17/21 2:08 pm
VSG on 08/26/18

Hello everyone- I have a thigh lift scheduled for Oct. 1st. It'll be a doozy - from groin to ankle basically. My surgeon doesn't use compression garments and I'm wondering if anyone has been in the same situation and the best thing to wear for post-surgery recovery. A skirt/dress so there's no rubbing on the bandages? Or loose pants so my legs aren't rubbing against each other? I forgot to ask him if there'll be a drain (I didn't have one for my arm lift but did for my tummy tuck) so I'm not sure if that's a factor too

savannasanders
on 7/25/23 2:34 am
On September 17, 2021 at 9:08 PM Pacific Time, kimhansenbc wrote:

Hello everyone- I have a thigh lift scheduled for Oct. 1st. It'll be a doozy - from groin to ankle basically. My surgeon doesn't use compression garments and I'm wondering if anyone has been in the same situation and the best thing to wear for post-surgery recovery. A skirt/dress so there's no rubbing on the bandages? Or loose pants so my legs aren't rubbing against each other? I forgot to ask him if there'll be a drain (I didn't have one for my arm lift but did for my tummy tuck) so I'm not sure if that's a factor too

If your surgeon doesn't recommend compression garments, you might want to go for something comfy like loose pants or a dress/skirt to avoid rubbing on the bandages. Oh, and don't forget to ask your surgeon about the drain situation. Better safe than sorry. Good luck with your surgery and take care! ?

Most Active