Insurance approval for breast lift?

DeleriumMercy
on 4/27/23 4:17 am, edited 4/27/23 4:28 am - Indianapolis, IN

Wow, it's been 12 years since my DS. My life has changed so much and for the better in many ways. Finally I've decide I need to have some body modifying procedures. Truly I wanted to avoid it at all costs but my breast drive me crazy. They are so uncomfortable and give me so much grief with pain and rashes and sore shoulders from straps. I have a referral for a plastic surgeon and I am very nervous. Has anyone had luck getting their insurance to cover breast lifts or any of the contouring procedures? I am hopeful but realistic, my mother recommended I start one of those gofundme pages. I'm not great with the social sites and stuff. I'm not so sure how that will go or what to expect but I won't know if I don't try. Any advice or experience with a similar situation will be appreciated.

catwoman7
on 4/27/23 4:50 am
RNY on 06/03/15

they might - I know a few people (not bariatric patients) who've had breast reduction surgeries covered because they were having lots of physical problems because of the weight of their breasts. Is any of this (pain and rashes) documented by your PCP? That kind of documentation might help your case...

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Whishatell70
on 7/20/23 9:51 pm

If your procedure is not covered by insurance, there are other options to consider, such as financing plans or crowdfunding websites like GoFundMe. However, it's important to do your research and understand the potential risks and benefits of these options before making a decision.

Davidhr111
on 7/26/23 2:13 am

All the best. Take care.

NellyAurora
on 11/27/23 1:30 am

Be careful, I think you need professional medical help.

heardle 80s

JolieKeva
on 1/5/24 12:56 am

I believe you may require the assistance of a medical professional. Good luck

watermelon game

sallyj
on 1/8/24 11:26 am - Spokane, WA

My breast reduction was covered by insurance --a plastic surgeon consultation should give you a sense of that for your case.

I also had my upper arm skin removed --which wasn't covered --but there was a cost savings by doing it at the same time.

I am so very glad I did both, but especially the breast reduction.

Most Active