Birth control absorption and PCOS

merfran
on 4/12/11 3:40 am
I had my surgery 01/10. Before surgery I did not get a period without horomones (not the pill) for 10 years. 2 weeks after surgery all this weird bleeding started. Went to dr, and got an ultrasound. My PCOS did not go away. He put me on the pill. I continued to bleed for months. He changed the pill, I continued to bleed. He doubled the pill, bleeding stopped. Insurance will not cover 2 pills per day. I went back to 1 pill after dr told me too. Started bleeding. Took a medication to stop bleeding, it didn't work. Back to two pills a day. Wondering where our BC pills are absorbed in our bodies.
Anyone know. I am on Sesonique.

Tracy M.
on 4/25/11 9:32 am - KY
I am dealing with that same problem right now. I just saw my GYN today and she put me on Quasense which is similar to seasonique. The only difference with me was the bleeding was about to stop when she put me on the pill. I am using it for birth control. i don't wanna risk getting pregnant. I hope the bleeding doesn't start back up. I couldn't handle that.

Tracy

Highest known weight- 512
Surgery weight-425
Current Weight- 260

Elisabeth G.
on 5/16/11 12:53 pm - Windsor, Canada
 I have heard that post op birth control pills are not absorbed the same way and that a non oral option should be used such as the patch depo the ring or an iud

sweetpotato1959
on 5/22/11 8:57 am
 Glucophage, a common diabetic drug stopped my daughters  bleeding....it levels out blood sugars.
     It might be worth a trial.
       She took 500mg  twice a day initally. ...and it jump started her weight loss.  
mrstefer
on 5/23/11 1:24 pm - CA
I started sesonique 6 weeks ago and I have been bleeding for 3 weeks.  I had not had a period for over two years so I am really hoping it is just clearing everything out and it will stop soon if not I am gonna stop taken the pills and find a diffrent type of birth control. I am beyond sick of this period.

msleesa
on 6/7/11 6:26 pm
 I'm really sorry that you had to go through that. However, PCOS will not go away. You will have it till the day you die. WLS only helps the symptoms of the Syndrome. I hope that Sesonique helps stop all the problems you've been having. God Bless.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Supplements
Mandee C. · 3 replies · 1040 views
momof4Nready4me · 4 replies · 2985 views
Teenager with PCOS
briceand4 · 0 replies · 3595 views