BANDED IN 2005 RECENTLY DIAG W PCOS

(deactivated member)
on 5/27/11 3:20 am - ewing, NJ
 I HAVE BEEN BANDED SINCE 2005 WEIGHT HAS GONE UP AND DOWN.  I AM CURRENTLY 10LBS AWAY FROM MY WEIGHT BEFORE SURGERY. I DONT HAVE ALL OF THE OTHER SYMPTOMS OF PCOS JUST IRREGULAR PERIODS AND MY WEIGHT PROBLEM. I AM JUST WONDERING IS THE REASON WHY I AM BACK GAINING WEIGHT BECAUSE OF PCOS? WILL THIS JUSTIFY TO MY INSURANCE WHY I NEED A REVISION TO WLS?????? HELP I AM SO CONFUSED!!!????
Julia23
on 5/31/11 12:46 am - UT
I had RNY in 2008 and have gained about 60lbs back of the 140 I lost. Honestly I feel that the large weight gain that so quickly happened after I got to my lowest weight, that PCOS plays a large part in it. But I also was being irresponsible and not completely eating the way I should have been. I'm not sure if insurance will give you a revision because of the PCOS. Maybe someone else can answer this, but just so you know, it may take a long time. Seems like no one really comes to the PCOS boards.
Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 6/28/11 2:52 am, edited 6/28/11 2:52 am
I'm not sure about whether or not PCOS alone will get you approved for a revision, it depends on the insurance policy. If you have co-morbidities and the band failed, you may be able to use that as ammunition if the PCOS diagnosis isn't enough. 

If you're looking into getting a revision, you may want to look into the DS as well as the RNY. There's a lot of PCOSers on the DS forum who can give you more info. I have PCOS and so far am doing great with the DS.
For great WLS info join me here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com and here www.dsfacts.com

Most Active
Recent Topics
Supplements
Mandee C. · 3 replies · 1040 views
momof4Nready4me · 4 replies · 2985 views
Teenager with PCOS
briceand4 · 0 replies · 3596 views