Woo-hoo for symptom management

Butterfly17
on 7/24/11 2:30 pm - Miami, FL

I was thrilled to find a board on here for cysters because the only people who will get how happy I am are other cysters... so here it goes.

I am having VSG on Thursday.  I've been on pre-op diet for almost 2 weeks  (lost 12 pounds) and today I GOT AF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I usually only have AF once or twice a year- my RE usually wants me to take prometrium but I hate the hot flashes so I just go without AF.  He's been on me to lose weight for 3 years and was the main reason I think that my insurance approved my sleeve.  I'm so thrilled thinking that this could help my symptoms.

My main reason for going ahead with the sleeve was to deal with my infertility.  I was lucky in 2008 and after 9 cycles of injections and IUI I got pregnant with triplets.  I lost 2 during the pregnancy, but one survived and I have a healthy and beautiful 2 year old boy today.  He was born premature and a lot of what I experienced with him was a direct result of being morbidly obese.  And to think that there is a possibility that my body may finally decide to do what it's made to do after I lose the weight is thrilling.  I so want another child but don't know if I can ever endure the injections or the such again-- and after getting AF tonight, I feel like there's real hope.

Would love to hear your experiences with symptom management after WLS.

Egupton
on 8/16/11 10:31 am - TN
 Congrats on taking a great step towards a healthy life!!! it was the best decision I have ever made. I have/had PCOS since I was 13 years old and like you, only had cycles 2-3 times a year and they were very unpredictable. 7 months ago I was only 24 years old, newly married, and facing the possibility that I may never be able to have children. I tried and stuck to every recommended diet with the addends diet showing the most promise, but not really making a dent. since surgery, I have had cycles regularly avery 30-35 days, have lost weight, and the symptoms of PCOS have pretty much disappeared. I find it best to stick to a low-carb diet, as I seem to lost more weight and I have less cravings. I hope that your surgery will help you as much as it has helped me. My husband and I will get the go ahead to start trying for a baby this December, and I am hoping for the best!! Best of luck to you as well!!

Enjoli 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Supplements
Mandee C. · 3 replies · 1040 views
momof4Nready4me · 4 replies · 2985 views
Teenager with PCOS
briceand4 · 0 replies · 3596 views