diet while pregnant for PCOSERS!!!!

Iman M.
on 12/6/11 9:54 am - Arlington, VA
Okay ladies, I am so sick of miscarrying baby after baby...I had 3 miscarriage...2 after IVF cycle during the 2nd trimester with my exhusband and at 330 lbs.  Final miscarriage during the 1st trimester with my current love and after RNY and naturally and after going back to the basics of of protein, protein, protein. 

Now, I am blessed to get pregnant again but we are not even looking forward to this pregnancy because we know it will end up in a miscarriage!

So this time I want to be different with every pregnancy I ate like a mad woman.  Chips, ice cream, bread, pasta.  I craved it and I ate it.  But I know with PCOS those are the things we arenot suppose to eat so I want to be different.  I don't want to be on too low carbs or too high carbs.  I want to make sure that I have a good blance to not impact my insulin levels and hormones. 

So I am looking for advise from those who have been able to get pregnant and stay pregnant.  I am look for al any the advise you can give me...PLEASE...PLEASE...PLEASE!!!!!

Highest weight: 325.5 (2008)                   Surgery weight: 323.5 (1/8/09)

****Got pregnant in May 2011 but lost the baby in August 2011...Gained some weight so trying to get back on track...I hate PCOS.
Teresa N.
on 12/25/11 1:22 pm - wabasha, MN
Congrats on the pregnacy...this is a very hard and stressfull time...don't turn to all them nasty carbs...stick with the protein, fruits,veggies...

I know what you are going threw...we had our first Big Fat positive the end of September after 7 1/2 years of trying..and ended in a Mc the end of Oct and had a D&C done and now were trying again..

Just eat healthy for you and the baby!! You can do this...Stay Strong!!!
PoohHag
on 3/30/12 6:58 am - TN
VSG on 06/11/12
 I had a daughter at 280 pounds nine years ago.  I focused on nutrition while I was pregnant for the sake of my baby.  I tried to focus on protein, vitamins, etc.  I know that's hard when you have PCOS and crave carbs.  I still ate plenty of bad stuff but whenever I was tempted I just thought about that developing fetus who was depending on me to eat right for her sake.  Even when I chose bad stuff, I chose bad stuff with some hint of nutrition like ice cream or fruit-based desserts.

Believe it or not, because of that and because I didn't go hog wild like some women tend to do when they find out they're pregnant, I only gained 6 pounds!  And I had a 8 pound baby, so I really lost weight while pregnant.  Wish I could recapture some of that drive to eat healthy and use it now.

Good luck with your pregnancy.  Just eat like you were before you got pregnant with some healthier tweaks like more milk, cheese, fruit, etc.

Siui80
on 5/3/12 6:09 pm
 I do not have an answer for you sorry but wanted to wish you all the best and ask if you can keep us updated with your pregnancy. X
sthiessen
on 5/24/12 1:34 pm
Sorry for posting late...and I'm sorry for your loss.  IF you decide to get pregnant again I would recommend having your progesterone levels monitored AND possibly taking metformin...I miscarried in 2001...hadn't had my IR diagnosed yet and didn't realize progesterone levels are notoriously low for PCOSers...but required for pregnancy...I had a successful pregnancy in 2005 while on metformin and took progesterone supplements until my levels stabilized at a healthy level to support the fetus...now my amazing 6 1/2 year old daughter. Best of luck to you in the future!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Supplements
Mandee C. · 3 replies · 1042 views
momof4Nready4me · 4 replies · 2989 views
Teenager with PCOS
briceand4 · 0 replies · 3600 views