bleeding non stop after WLS

badkitten
on 12/29/11 9:41 pm
I have been bleeding almost non stop since my surgery in October......I will start my period (which I never used to do on my own) and then my doc has to give me meds to stop it.....as it will just keep going and going......had an ultrasound and doc said everything looks fine.  He thinks its a combo of the PCOS and the "trauma" of surgery and rapid weight loss.....
Has anyone else experienced anything like this post WLS?  Just wondering if it will level out so to speak.

Renee2be
on 1/2/12 6:51 pm - NC
Not withthe surgery but with pcos,  when my period would start i would go for weeks, flooding.  usually took medical  intervention to stop.   After so long i went and begged my gyno for a hysterctomy, which he wouldnt do due to my age.  Instead we did the Mirena IUD.  This helped support my hormones, control the periods and eventually eliminate them. 

Since surgery i have been very regular, but nothing near the torture i used to go through.  Now the periods are getting lighter and i expect them to stop again at anytime.

I am down 55 lbs to 205!!!  Hope to hit wonderland soon!!!  Good luck hun PCOS is a monster, but it can be controlled.

badkitten
on 1/2/12 10:24 pm
thanks - this has been a bleeding nightmare....just started again on Sunday....guess we'll see if it stops on it's own this time.
You are doing AWESOME!!!! keep up the good work and thanks again for the insight!!!
Oceanbreeze
on 5/15/12 4:52 am - PA
I've not had surgery (rny) yet but can tell you there are other options to help with this issue. I had very wacked out periods thanks to PCOS and would go months with nothing happening , then a period here or there. 

In 2007 (january) I began a period. It never stopped. I bled straight for just a tick under 9 months. We tried to stop it with 2 different medications, one only stopped it for 2 days, then it began again. This was a debilitating flow--- it got so bad i could not go out after a certain time of the day when it would ramp up.  I was keeping the hygeine product companies in business!

Finally, it took a D&C (at age 28) 3 days before my wedding to stop the bleeding.  I was mortified at the thought of wearing white and bleeding like crazy, but woke up the morning of my wedding and aunt flow left town!!!!   The following week I was put on birth control pills (Apri) to regulate my cycle.  THat worked like a charm.

There is another type of uterine treatment if you are past the stage of childbearing--aka you don't want children anymore, that may help. The doctors can explain that option if you are interested in it.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Supplements
Mandee C. · 3 replies · 1036 views
momof4Nready4me · 4 replies · 2978 views
Teenager with PCOS
briceand4 · 0 replies · 3592 views