How Do I Lose Weight WITHOUT Surgery?

chimeraboo
on 3/4/13 10:02 pm - Raleigh, NC
Revision on 10/10/14
I have had PCOS since I hit puberty. I feel like it is pretty much a sentence for being overweight my entire life. Foolishly, I chose the Lap Band instead of the bypass, not knowing at the time that my PCOS (and Diabetes) would create a tremendous challenge for me losing the weight without malabsorption. Now I want to revise, but I have been denied by my insurance. Is it even possible to get this weight off without the help of surgery?
Keelan
on 3/9/13 6:52 am

Having pcos does sometimes make weight loss hard but not impossible. If you already have lap band you should be restricted somewhat in the amounts you can eat. Making healthy choices and limiting calories should help you lose the weight, although it might be slower it'll still come off. The band is just a tool but you have to put in the time and effort. Not all people with pcos are overweight,  just like no all people with pcos have facial hair or have fertility issues. Pcos is different just as we are all different.

There are a lot of helpful website that deal with pcos and dietary changes to keep blood sugar stablized. Are you currently taking metformin or spiritone to help control your pcos.

http://natural-fertility-info.com/pcos-fertility-diet is a great site to check out.

HW:274  SW:238  CW: 150.0  1St goal: 199.8  2nd goal:174 (100 pound lost)
My Persoanl Goal: (HIgh)150 (Low)140

1st goal acheived December 27th/2010. 1 week after my 3rd month surgery anniversary.
2nd goal acheived June 4th/2011. 2 weeks after my 8th Month Surgiversary

Gall Bladder surgery April 12,2012

You can either believe it will happen.....or believe it won't.  Both are self fulfilled prophesies. For Me it has happened.  My Surgery was September 21/2010

PoohHag
on 4/6/13 5:45 am - TN
VSG on 06/11/12

I too have had PCOS since puberty.  I chose the sleeve, but I too wish I'd chosen a surgery with malabsorption.  My weight loss has been slow and lately it's been at a standstill.

The only thing I can suggest is to completely eliminate the grain group and sweets.  Stick to protein, dairy, fruits, and veggies.  

theyearofme
on 1/3/14 4:01 am
VSG on 03/28/13

I've battled PCOS since college.  All the symptoms.  I chose the sleeve because I was very fearful of the malabsorption long term.  The weight is coming off but more slowly than others.  I'm ok with that.  The hardest thing to realize was the carbs of any kind completely derail my weight loss.  My insulin resistance was really high.  But I craved carbs all the time! 

A friend started taking a product call Plexus Slim that was designed for diabetics to help normalize blood sugar.  She said it took her cravings for sweets away and made her want to eat less.  It's all natural and doesn't interfere with meds so I thought I would try it.  And my surgeon looked it over and said he was fine with it.

Holy moly, I loved it!  It's just a drink packet you put in your water each morning.  Within 3 days my cravings for carbs was gone without all the withdrawl symptoms.  I already had the restriction from surgery to help with the eating less but I'm serious- the cravings were gone. 

I've had about 20% more weight loss each month that I've been using it.  I've been on it since July.  Last month my doctor ran all my blood work again.  My insulin resistance numbers were NORMAL!!  My cycles are normal for the first time in 20 years without being on birth control.  It's crazy! 

If you are struggling with PCOS and weight loss, you might try it.  It's easy to use.  Give it a try!  Here's the link  http://michellenickell.myplexusopportunity.com

Connie0394
on 1/8/14 1:49 pm - Dallas, TX

Yearofme,

I'm right there with you on the Plexus Slim.  I had the sleeve in 2010, and I thought it was hopeless to ever start losing again. I started it on 12-19 and have lost around 10 lbs.  It's like I have NO carb desires anymore!! It was originally designed for diabetics, but it has truly been a miracle for me.  I'm a surgical registered nurse, and was even beginning to look around for maybe a revision surgeon.  Heck, I was so impressed, I became an ambassador. 

I noticed on the testimonials, that others with PCOS that had started Plexus, had awesome reports of reduced or completely resolved symptoms! My daughter, although undiagnosed, has struggled with similar symptoms.  She just started on Plexus, as well. 

I'm very happy that you are having such great results.  Many blessings on your weight loss journey!!

Connie

www.plexusslim.com/pinkdrinknurse

Ambassador #209108

(deactivated member)
on 5/30/14 5:58 pm - warren, MI

avoid carbs and sugar if u want fizzy mix cranberry juice or any other no sugar added with carbonated water avoid low fat products as they tend to have more sugar and salad lots of salad and yogurt small bits of fruit. I have lost ten lbs in a week like that and every time i do that I lose some weight 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Supplements
Mandee C. · 3 replies · 1042 views
momof4Nready4me · 4 replies · 2989 views
Teenager with PCOS
briceand4 · 0 replies · 3599 views