PCOS and Fybroids

sister_scaleback
on 1/5/14 2:10 pm

I have taken Diane 35 for 12 years now to help with PCOS symptoms such as Hirsutism and acne.  Because I had such heavy and painful periods, I was told it was ok to take Diane 35 non-stop if I wanted to.  So for 10 years I did just that.  A few years ago, i thought maybe I would stop taking Diane 35 at the end of one box to see what would happen with my period.  It started...and was very heavy and did not stop - for 4 weeks I was still having my period!  I went to the gyno, and after tests, was told I have a few small Fybroids.  My choices were to deal with the non-stop bleeding, Surgery (not recommended for small ones) or go back to using Diane 35 to control the symptoms.  Now I am in the pipeline to have roux en y.  If I have to stop Diane 35, I will be in agony from cramps and not allowed midol or advil which was my "go to" drug for menstral cramps.  I would also have to put up with non-stop periods that would cause me to lose more iron than a post-op should deal with. I have also heard on the news lately, that Diane 35 was banned in France because of studies that found it causes heart attacks.  I am 47 years old and my husband has a very low sperm count so I have never needed "birth control".  What do you think I should do?

Referred to Windsor May 2013,  Toronto final approval on Feb. 20,2014. Met Surgeon May 2, 2014. RNY Surgery Date June 16,2014!

Kathy C.
on 3/30/14 9:02 pm

I was diagnosed with PC OS in 1992 after searching for an answer to the symptoms I was having.  I ended up being an article and women's world magazine.  I've had so many surgeries for cleanouts and removal of cysts and D&Cs it's not funny.

When I moved back to the United States from Ireland, I was told I have a fibroid in my uterus and there's nothing to worry about.   It ended up growing so big that it was busting out of my uterus because one day I was having hemorrhaging and bleeding and clots that were unnatural.

After three visits to the emergency room in today's they finally listen to me and went in and saw the fibroid.  I was only 44 at the time and my uterus had to be taken out.  I had told my doctor I wanted to fibroid taken out when she found it but I was told it didn't pose a threat. Now I wish that I went on my instinct. I would suggest having any fibroids removed.

Please do yourself a favor and get a second opinion. I don't know what this Diane medicine is and I will look it up, but the only extra medicine I had was a Lupron Depot.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Supplements
Mandee C. · 3 replies · 1036 views
momof4Nready4me · 4 replies · 2978 views
Teenager with PCOS
briceand4 · 0 replies · 3592 views